Thursday, November 20, 2008

Great gifts for under $30 dollars.




Yahoo had an article today called Great gifts under 30 dollars. Besides a puzzle and a magic 8 ball they didn't have much beyond makeup and exotic soap which is usually put in a drawer somewhere. As an act of community service I am going to give all of you some gift ideas for the holidays.

Gift Certificates For the movies, for the mall, for a good dining place, or even a taxidermist as far as I know. When in doubt give them something they can spend their own way. Impersonal it may seem, but would you rather have soap shaped like zoo animals?

Money The universal gift certificate. I never hear anybody go...Oh man do I have to have money again? I was hoping for a new party girl clutch. (I thought a clutch was a car part, until yahoo opened my eyes.)

Wine You can get an average drinkable wine for under 30 dollars or far less. If the wine is cheap get a few of them. They might not use them every day but it still beats a soap on a rope and Mr. Potato head.

Games Board games can be fun if they like games. Something that kids and adults can both love.

Do something nice and personal Make a special dinner or 5, make something (good) that you are able to, fix that stupid screen door. Something meaningful that they appreciate. Note. If you are supposed to fix your own screen door and she has been asking you to do that for 3 months, it doesn't count. I am talking about someone elses screen door.







Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gift certificates are becoming the most popular holiday gift but be sure you read all the fine print. A few of them come with rules and requirements and fees if you don't use them in time, ect. You know, they get you coming and going. But what's better than letting someone shop where they want to shop for something they really like?

I do read and keep up, although I may not always comment. Keep blogging.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I just got a visa gift card n a walmart card for my B-day. Darn, now I can get all that stuff I need...! I love getting money sometimes, but truelly appreciate getting family photos n crafts by small kids to cheer me up in my alone time. It seems worth more.

I make gifts often. Here I go again this Xmas.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I will keep blogging Ned. Glad you are keeping up I am doing awful at it.

Snag, If people saw the crafts I did they would just ask for money. :) Merry Christmas

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters