Saturday, March 08, 2008

Restless Janus again

What else is new...I am not able to sleep lately

I have been getting about 4-5 hours a night pretty much every night this week so I am zonked.

So I am taking a brief break from my exciting moment of browning beef and cleaning the kitchen to blog and ask help from my readers...I think all 5 or 6 of you maybe? (It is hard to tell you guys aren't very loud.) So if you want to try it I am asking for your imput. Because the internet is full of people with experience of some sort.

Let me tell you what I have already tried and what I am trying.

Ambien or Xanax. Yeah I have resorted to doctors. Even the Ambien or Xanax seems to be weaker. I might be immune to it, or it might be that I am too wound up that I can't relax even with modern science. I can't take both together, Bella would revive me from my coma and put me in another one if I did that. Mixing pills and/or drinks are not good. I don't want to relax that much...

Restful exercise. It wakes me up more than it relaxes me

quit caffeine about 4 months ago...no help

I am considering listening to relaxing ocean sounds and sea gulls...hopefully it won't make Bella and I need to use the bathroom instead of relax us.

Now...if any of my friends, family, or random wandering reader wants to give me a suggestion I am all ears. Please don't say "Reduce your stress" if I could do that, I would of done it about 30 years ago.

Thanks

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend meditation. Sit in a darkened room and light a candle and just stare at the flame.

Ocean sounds and seagulls (like you say) might be good, but people say that dolphin sounds are VERY relaxing. Could you get a cd of that, and put it on through the night, while you sleep?

I also heard that scented candles are meant to relax you.

My friend swears by a cup of camomile tea just before she goes to bed.

I hope you find something to help you Janus.

Take care, okay. (:

Frodo

1:36 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

IPSO FACTO life is stressful no matter what- mute point! Dealing with it? We have play-room here-

Chamomile Tea works.
Noni Tea works.
Cal-Max, a powder-drink with Calcium, Magnesium n lemon, Made by MP Health of Portland Maine will knock you out.
(Perhaps you are mineral deficient?)

Benedryl zzz's me for 4 whole hours. I try to limit this to allergy time, tho-

Try staying up the entire night, n you will crash out the next!

This is what it's like to have a newborn baby, the worry n sleep deficiency... so consider it training of a sort!

Remember that just reclining n closing the eyes for ten minutes even, is better than zero rest at all! Also try at least 10 minutes of no noise or moving before trying to sleep-

Many folks suffer from insomnia. My mom did, I do, my sis, ect...
I get more than 6 hours in cycles. A few short days, then a longer-

Best of luck! I bet when the sweat lets up, you'll have an easier time!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo, I have tried praying but never tried meditation (at least I don't think so) do you just not think of anything...or do you think of something when you look at the flame.

Dolphins...will try that

Candles might work but my wife would be sneezing...so I have to pass that one.

I do drink chamomile...might want to do that more.

Thanks Frodo.

Snag- I am not familiar with Noni tea...what is it? Or just google it?

Cal-Max has potential. Though the lemon could be fatal if it's real.

I do the Benedril when I have allergys, if I have a reaction to the Cal-Max the benedril would be the next step.

I don't dare do the all the night thing, I actually wake up more when I do that because of my adrenaline.

Thanks for the ideas both of ya!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janus, about the meditation. Just concentrate on the flame, don't think about anything else.

Have you tried hot milk with honey?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

When I meditate, I count breathing seconds (not nothing). Focus is key. Oxegenating is relaxing, so count breathing in one breath for 8 seconds, but only exhale it for 5 seconds- Try this ten times in a row.

Noni is a Hawaiian plant. There is a drink made from it too. I get my tea from Neways.

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that Snaggle Tooth has a different technique. I was taught to concentrate on the flame.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lay back with my eyes closed and mentally tell each part of my body to relax on its own, starting with my toes and working my way up. For example: "Toes relax, toes relax, toes relax, toes relax...., etc." until I feel the tension slip away from them. I am usually unwound and asleep before I hit my arms. It's another focus thing and don't forget take relaxing breaths :)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I will try both meditating methods to see if one works. I will just have to be sure to have someone blow out the candle...the cat likes to knock stuff over. Thanks for both the techniques.

Also thank you Mysterious Anonymous one. I will give that a try as well.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters