Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Riveting Entertainment News.

I thought this morning I would celebrate my return to the ordinary world by seeing what exciting news happened today.

"Downey Disses the Dark Knight."

Alright I realized entertainment is not really "News" just like Nintendo Wii is not really golf and bowling, but still. Is this the best they can do?

Why would millions of people care about Robert Downey Jr's comic book opinions? I don't think Robert Downey Jr. even cares about his own comic book opinions.

Dancing with the Stars is having a new season. I am very happy to no longer be working at a retirement home during the evening, so I can completely avoid watching this. I do have to see who the "Stars" are since normally I don't know more than a third of them. This gives me hope that someday I might be a "star." Though I don't dance so I am not going on this show, even if I do lose what dignity I have left.

Lance Bass. Ok at least I know that is. I didn't know him when he was a singer, but I get to hear about how he did an interview with people magazine and did some cartoons. When we run out of N'Syncers we might have to tap into that New Kids On The Block members. Hopefully by then the show will be gone.

Toni Braxton. I remember the name. She sang some songs 10 years or more ago and I can't remember any of them but hey its been a while. I can't even remember half the crap I learned in school.

Brooke Burke. Don't know her. Oh, wikipedia says she is a former lingerie model and appeared nude somewhere or other about 5 years ago or so. Must of missed the memo.

Rocco Dispirito. Never heard of him. I guess he's a chef or something. I don't know anything about celebrity chefs unless I have one of their products in my house. Why isn't Chef Boyardee coming out to dance this season. That might be interesting.

Maurice Greene. Hmm no idea. Oh a former Olympic athlete. Thats alright.

Kim Kardashian. I have heard of her, I wish I hadn't, but I know the name. A reality TV (gag) star My knowledge of her comes from watching her get bashed on The Soup. I can understand lingerie models, chefs, and athletes...but Kim Kardashian????

Cloris Leachman. Hmm I feel I should know this one. It is a name that I don't hear every day but how can I forget someone named Cloris? She won a whole bunch of awards for TV acting. I don't watch a lot of TV, so I am clueless.

Cody Linley. Never heard of him. Oh he is on that evil Hannah Montana thing. So he probably has a curling iron and towel with his picture stuck on it somewhere but I have trained myself to run from Hannah Montana stuff before it gets scarred into my memory.

Susan Lucci. Hmm no idea. The most famous face in daytime television and soap opera star. (Yahoo is so kind to let me know that I should know her.) Well I hate daytime TV and soap operas are even worse. So now I know.

Misty May-Treanor. I think I spelled that right, I ain't checking again. Olympic athlete. that says it all. I really need to pay attention to sports more.

Ted McGinley. Alright, know this one. I am actually glad Ted McGinley is on Dancing With the Stars. Usually when Ted shows up on a television show it means it is on the verge of being canceled. He is one of the signs that the show is on the way out. Go Ted go!

Jeffrey Ross. The guy from celebrity roasts. Glad he is able to take time off his busy schedule of trying to make people like Donald Trump and Bob Saget seem amusing. This will give the future roastees something to fight back with.

"Oh yeah...well you were on dancing with the stars....buuuuuuuuuuurn!" Then he sniffles and walks off the camera.

Finally Warren Sapp. Retired famous football player. 'Nuff said.


Well thats enough of that crap, I have to find the real world again now. I should have slept more.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Janus. (:

But admit it, you secretely love this Dancing With The Starts show. Lol.

Frodo
(:

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't post in yonks and suddenly there's a slew of posts. I had a lot of reading to do. Welcome back.

Funny, you know more stars than I do. I know the old ones, Ted McGinley and I do know Cloris Leachman (she played Phyllis on the Mary Tyler Moore show and was in Mel Brooks' movies).

I am actually glad that even if I wanted to watch television, my kids are too busy hogging it. It keeps me from having to know more.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo and Ned I do love to hate that show. Of course I hate most television anymore.

watching it at work ruins it ya know.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Why haven't you become a critic submitting reviews to online news services?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Snag,

I can't live up to the Entertainment Business's standards.

Which is all the more depressing.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters