Saturday, March 14, 2009

Snapped

Last night was rough.

Actually last week was rough and last night just was the straw that snapped the camels back. (thus my not so original title...don't worry this isn't a lifetime network production.)

Last weekend I got in a car accident, my Buick versus a Ford truck. The truck won. What is the point of bumpers really, if every car has them at a different height? My bumper is fine, because his bumper went over it into my trunk. Turning my trunk into a wagon.

I was released to go back to work, but last night was a killer. I am drugging up to go in for the afternoon, my backups are unavailable this afternoon so it is me to fend off the hordes for about 5 hours. At least I will be able to see my friends and do something useful. It beats laying down all day which I did most of the week.

Last night I got the call that my car will more than likely be totaled. I haven't even paid the damn thing off yet, and now I have to try to find another one. I like my little rent-a-car but I can't keep that sucker going much further. So I guess I am going to have to play taps for the car.

Last night I had time to reflect. I try to avoid that, but I can't help it. I have something I need to do...more to come later.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about your accident, Janus. I'm thinking about you, and hope you get better soon.

Take care.

Frodo

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with whatever it is you need to do. (:

Frodo

4:08 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Frodo :)

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J - Take pictures (of your injuries, your car, document EVERYTHING) and call a lawyer!!!

Get well soon...

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. Looking at your prior entry is sure an omen huh? Ugh...

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, sorry you've had an injury and sorry about the car. I hope it all works out with the insurance (as in, you don't end up owing money on a total) and you should find out if you are entitled to compensation for your injury.
- N

6:40 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

In the state of MA all car insurance guarantees $2g medical expenses minimum. Hope he had insurance, n enough is left over from the insurance payment to cover a new down-payment.
Your car may be out, but you are alive at least!
I'm sorry you have to go through this trial. Good luck with your recovery.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Update:

I got a "new" used car last Saturday. My back is doing better and things are settling up.

I now have a Mitsu and the Buick went to car heaven (or hell)

I still get sore once in a while but getting better.

Thanks for all the comments :)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters