Thursday, April 19, 2007

If I had 50 dollars...

Quite a step down from million dollars ain't it?
Well lets do the good news first.
I got a car! That's right, a new set of wheels for me. It's a 2003 Buick with good mileage, looks new and clean (hope to keep it up.) It's safe, its automatic, It's in the driveway. I never thought I would have a car that isn't as old as my niece.
It's 200 extra dollars to month, progress has it's price. That was the bad news.
So I have to pick up some extra hours somewhere that will hopefully clear 50 bucks a week, which means I have to work out my hours.
I still want my Wednesdays for my own work and appointments, so I need to get creative and one day off every other week with my wife. I do not want to mess up my college class. Plus I need a day to look forward to every week for my sanity, so...need to get creative.
Maybe 5 hours on Monday, Friday, and soon Tuesday....maybe I am delusional for thinking this can work. That would give me the customary 35 full time hours at least.
Any suggestions for work ideas that are ethical and legal (Sorry James, your joke about selling narcotics to pay off the car in two weeks is funny, but I got my principles) that you guys can toss my way would be great. I also have to talk to Telly's family about making the summer schedule change permanent. That way I can plan my week accordingly. Wish me luck on that one.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to pray to God for guidance. He will really help, seriously.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great that you got a new car Janus. And paying it off won't be forever. :)

But if you want some extra cash, what about dog walking? You could walk other people's dogs for them (not all at the same time though lol).

Take care

Frodo :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Good Idea Anonymous, it beats running in circles. Good to start at step one.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo that is a good idea, I will see if I can do some part time dog care, I remember speaking to someone about that in the fall of last year.

Wonder if they might be interested in that again.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Damn inflation!

I hear that male strippers make pretty good cash! *giggle*

Cgrats on the new used car.

Peace,

- Neo

7:24 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo,

I can barely slow dance without screwing it up. I don't think I would do well dressed up in the construction worker hat

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters