Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Where the Janus's go in the spring, sleeping, and the million dollar question

You might be wondering where I have been...or maybe not. I went on a mini vacation actually, and I will tell you all about it when I have more time. Since that is a whole other blog post. I actually (at my wifes urging) did not go on the computer during the course of that vacation so that I really was relaxing. So I am back, and I still don't have a tan but I am a little better.
As for my resting, that is another matter. I have been going to bed and trying to sleep (for those that always tell me to do that, despite me growling at them like a pitbull.) Though the new medicine I am taking seems to have a new and not so desirous side effect. I sleep alright...for 6 hours, but I haven't been able to do more than that. I will go to bed, I will not set my alarm in many cases, and 6 hours later I am wide awake. So I am tired most of the day but can't seem to be sleeping anymore even when I am drugged to the gills. Very frustrating. Especially since the most common medical advice people give me is to sleep more (I can't) and to reduce my stress (I can't.)
Now for the fun part!
Today I got the song "If I had a million dollars" in my head, and for a fun thing I figure I will think of things I would do if I had a bunch of money and could spend it and not have to worry about the IRS or bills for a while. I would still like to work at my job, because Telly needs me so I wouldn't resign believe it or not.
1. I would pay off all my old debt Yes this is not very exciting, but if you want to drop my stress quick this would be the way to go.
2. Get us a new house Hard wood floors, big yard for Sammy, Less stairs for Bella.
In the city of lights.
3. a car obviously, that like legal paperwork is a gimme but not as fun to write about.
4. Would take even more classes at college Time and money well spent on improving self, broadening my horizons.
5. Travel I never have seen Mt. Rushmore but everyone says its over rated, want to see Yellowstone National park, go to Disneyworld again, See more of Europe, and tour a few other places as well.
6. Buy Troy and Janet a church, help supplement the salary while they start up. Who is Troy and Janet? Janet is on the links list of course. They are going to plant a church in Kansas City over the next year. Of course if I gave them a few million to start a really big church with no mortgage and I would want to have some naming rights. Maybe I would name the little office with the copier machine the "Torrell Center." Just because I never had anything named after me.
7. Take some seminary classes I don't think I am minister material, but I would still like to learn the heavy duty stuff. This way I can learn it and not feel guilty about wasting money if I don't take it up for a career. ...Ok so I am boring and a little weird.
8. Get something big for some underfunded schools. I have to think it over what it would be, maybe expand a few librarys and build a computer lab.
Anyway...I am out of time now. Sorry didn't feel like being heavy today, and wanted to have a bit of fun. See you all later.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed your wee holiday, but it's nice to see you back. :)

About you resting - do I have to come all the way over there, and knock you out, to make you sleep? lol.

It's nice to imagine what we would do if we were millionaires though, isn't it. I would maybe travel the world.

Take care Janus

Frodo :)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would buy the school some art, a piccaso or a garfunkel.

But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

--Bella

1:52 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Welcome back ya slacker! ;)

For that much money I think I'd just bite the bullet and buy a strip club. LOL

Peace,

- Neo

6:29 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo- Traveling the world is good.
I want to see Japan someday

Bella- And we would still get craft dinner, just more of it.


Neo- Just be nice and don't make the drinks too expensive if you insist on a minimum

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters