Thursday, April 12, 2007

Whurzday after action report

Last night was the first night of Alpha and it went pretty good for the most part (Will go into the most part in a second.) This time instead of being a guest I am on board as a helper, which is between a guest and a leader. (Make sense so far? good!) I would say something like "I am always excited to be a part of Alpha" here with total sincerity, but since this is only the second time I have been in it I will have to say "It is great to come back to Alpha."
The good news was we had a good turn out. Make that a great turn out! 15 new guests came and most if not all of them signed on from opening night. If I wasn't so tired this morning I would be excited, so today I will just smile about it.
The food was great, and opening night was wonderful.
We did well with a few of our helpers and leaders unable to join us on opening night. Rob who normally handles the audio video and main co-leader (and my good friend) was unable to attend because he had a business meeting in California. One of our other leaders couldn't come because her daughter just couldn't wait any longer to give birth to her grandson. Her husband did make it though and went to join the family at the hospital afterwords. (I tell you, we get a lot of really bad excuses why people have to miss Alpha.... Living in another country, being out of of the state because of work...having a baby being born... and even last time this guy had the nerve to get married and go on a honeymoon...oh wait that was me.) My wife Bella couldn't come this week because she had to go to work. (Excuses excuses I tell ya.)
So it went pretty well, all of the sudden while we were eating dinner together I hear the power on the projector cut out. So we had technical problems getting things started up, despite us testing it out. Since Rob wasn't there to fix it or tell us what to do or at least be the official clueless guy in charge of things, I was in charge of trying to figure it out while smiling and not swearing at the machines. (Talk about a test.)
This is one of those times when you wish you didn't have a nametag on and you could look clueless and mingle with the crowd.
We got another player though, and started it up and later on found out how to fix it up if it happens again. So all in all it wasn't bad and we didn't scare anyone away due to my technical stupidity.
So I am off to work, and will catch you all later. Yes Neo, I will read more blogs when I get back, today is a double so I will do my best. So take me off the blacklist. :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time at Alpha, despite the projecter not working.

Was there any cookies? lol

Take care.

Frodo :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Yeah I had a great time actually!

Cookies...no...we had cake though

3:27 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Hahahahahahaha!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters