Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mending fences and behind the scenes

Yeah I got a bad word on this post today, but I got to report it in the proper context..hope you can forgive it.

A lot of people were hurt years ago, and divided by fears and rumor. In the last two years many of those rumors are coming to light and seen as just that...rumors.

I got an apology today from someone that hated me years ago because he was lied to about me. He was bitter and angry and he realized through time and others that knew me that I was not the man he thought I was. Today I was told he wanted to talk to me and patch things up.

He is a man that finds it hard to apologize, but he said "I owe you an apology for believing those things about you and the way I treated you back then. I didn't realize that it was all a load of shit."

I told him it was water under the bridge and he didn't need to think anything of it.

He insisted though that I accept his apology. So I accepted it, and I said I know what you mean it happened to me too. I thanked him for looking out for my son and his sisters. I know he was duped like I was. A lot of us were hurt by this.

I would be lying if I said that over the years all that has gone on hasn't hurt me. As time goes on I realize that even though these horrible things happen, it is because I was there I was able to help not just my son now...but three very special young ladies that I love like my very own.
I believed in God, I believed in Jesus, and I believed he could do amazing things. I just always believed he did them for "other people." I doubted that God could mend the fences that I broke in the past. I now can see that it wasn't because he wanted me to hurt, but so I could be more than just my son's father. I can be there for 3 special ladies that need a parent. I realize more and more especially this week that it was worth it to be a part in these lives.

He really can turn what is meant for evil for good.

I can really see past myself for once.

This trip has been difficult and emotional and dreaded. It is also one of the most meaningful things I have ever done. My head is spinning trying to sort it all out.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Sounds like you were sent on an important mission! All we go through, no matter how tough, makes us who we are, n better than we were!
Good Luck to you!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little boy and his sisters are very lucky to have someone like you to fight for them. You should be proud.

Take care

Frodo

7:32 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks, both of ya

1:41 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

If I had a dollar for every person that thought the wrong thing about me I could be my own bank.

That's why I torch bridges.

Sorry J, I have no forgiveness in me for people that can't come to the source to correct stuff like that from the door, and they warrant no trust for their ignorance.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Ned said...

God knows the end from the beginning, we don't and can't always see it. While we are wandering around in the middle, God takes time to teach us. That way, when we get to where God wants us, we know it.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things are going well with your son.

Frodo

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get kidnapped by a bunch of midgets or something? 2 months silent J? Not quite you... Update you lazy #$#$##$# ;)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters