Friday, November 03, 2006

Bad night at work (At home)

Well good news is I got alot of articles done today for the other site. That's about the only good news.
My partner on the other project is AWOL this evening, I'm hoping because he is busy and not because he is out playing while I am trying to work. I don't mind people working of course, because sometimes you just have to. Sometimes personal important stuff comes up that causes delays, like wedding plans or something. All these are fine. I just wish people would send me a message and tell me they are going to be out for the day so I am not going crazy from waiting.
I need my access codes so I can work, otherwise I just type up articles and wait until someone else puts them up. So tonight I wanted to get some work done and it just didn't work out. I got about a half hour left of my shift, and I am a bit disgruntled since I have to wait til tomorrow...maybe to get things sent in.
One of my coworkers called Bella's cell to try to reach me, since he couldn't call me at the house phone. This is not comforting, since either he doesn't know how to use a phone either or it's the phone here. I got a voice message about an hour ago from Bella about it, but too late to call Jose back since the message showed up after his childrens bedtime. So no one either can or will get a hold of me tonight that I need to work with.
However I got 4 calls from political recordings today telling me to vote for this guy or that. Phone calls are alot like mail, the only ones you seem to get is the junk mail. If you got a certified check from out of town it's assured to get lost or eaten by a golden retriever that eats your mailman, but fear not, Capital One credit card offers that I have to shred never fail to reach me.
Blog was down earlier for a few hours, so I was only able to give you my frustrated rant tonight.
So Update for my Testimony (That is Journey of a Janus) should be here after 10:00 tomorrow evening, as long as the network doesn't die on me again, sorry for delays. Tomorrow I should have my network access, if we have no delays. We have to discuss administration, finances, and other things for the project websites...if we have no delays, and really can't afford them. I need to call everyone back tomorrow I couldn't reach today...yes you guessed it...if we have no delays.
Today is one of those days where I wish I actually worked in the same building with everyone like in the old days so I could reach out and flog someone with my mouse cord if they delayed me, now I just have to hope we get back from technical difficulties. I hate telecommuting somedays.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you manage to contact everyone today.

At least you got some articles done for the other site. :)

Frodo

1:15 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I'd like me a job where I could throw empty beer bottles at bothersome people, and with impunity...but then who don't?
Hang tough, bro.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Yep, managed to get a hold of everyone today, and it is frustrating. Things are working out and got a set scheduale.

So all is well.

Thanks for visiting and listening to me whine.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters