Monday, November 27, 2006

Tis the season to spend money, fa la la la la....

Well the weekend went fast didn't it? It's back to the grind for me. This officially begins for all of you that celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas as...Crunch month. You have to pay your bills and manage to buy a whole bunch of gifts before Christmas.
This year I am going to go the gift certificate route as normal. Whenever I say that I normally have one person always go "But Janus, That's so impersonal." Well maybe it is but it's better than driving to about 100 stores to look for the hottest junk that my nephew will play with for about 2 days after Christmas and have it smashed. So my advice for all people that hate to shop is, get gift certificates or give cash. (The Universal Gift certificate.) Dare to be inpersonal.
Last week I got the gift from the hospital I had been expecting, a bill. So I will be making 100 dollar payments once a month for about the next 3 years or so, give or take. My advice to all of my readers who may find themselves uninsured. The hospital will still treat you, and you can make payments. But don't get sick.
With that I am off to work, be careful with your holiday shopping. It's insane out there.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good thing about getting cash or gift certificates for christmas, is waiting for the sales in January, and THEN spending your cash \ certificate.

Frodo :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Another gift thats not bad is a lotto ticket sometimes. You don't feel so guilty when someone else gets the lotto. Though it would be my luck that I would give a dollar ticket and they would win a few million and not remember the kind soul that bought them the ticket :P

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janus dear,
Please do not get me a lotto ticket.
--Bella

1:03 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Noted, besides everytime I get a lotto ticket for Christmas I win a free ticket..which always gets me nothing and makes me have to go back to the store.

Thanks for visitin Bella.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters