Wednesday, November 15, 2006

taking a stand against spam and other things



Wow, well got a few changes to announce today but I have to be quick, as I am supposed to be in bed right now.
My doctor appointment went ok, I got put back on my decongestants and nose sprays again, and I got a note that excuses me from work til Monday. I never thought I would say it, but I miss work. I don't want to stay home and sit on my hiney for the rest of the week. I did that the last few days and I am already climbing the walls. So five days left to go before I get green lighted.
I have been getting spammed from a travel agency, that for some reason keeps visiting me every day or so and tells me that they did not find what they were looking for but their computers enjoyed reading my post anyway and were so overjoyed at reading my blog that they just HAD to comment. Well I got a few things to say to you Miami Travel...

1. If you didn't find what you were looking for the first time, why come back 7 more times? I have gone to your site twice to see if you had anything on how to make a great Jello Salad, but after two visits I gave up.
2. You just HAD to comment? My own mother doesn't even comment around here, so why would you feel so inclined?
So, I don't want to make my readers have to get a special account or have verification to leave me a comment, I try to make it as easy as I can. But Miami Travel may be forcing my hand, so if I get a few more I am afraid I will have to turn on verfication. I am sorry for the regulars who like it when I keep things simple. Blame them.

Finally, I updated to the Blogger Beta today, so I got a few new features. I even get labels for my post...I have no idea what for...but hey its progress. Sort of... part 7 is coming soon, probably tomorrow afternoon. Have a good night.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just take one day at a time, and make sure you REST. If you don't feel well enough on Monday, then stay off work.

Miami Travel are very persistant though.

Hope you feel better soon.

Frodo :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

yeah yeah yeah...I will rest. I will keep my eye out but maybe my spammer got the stinkin hint.

We shall see.

1:43 AM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

I suffered from these nasty sammy things a while back. I did eventually have to resort to the verification thing. I haven't pursued the new download for the Blog, but I expect I will have to eventually, but I am my own worst enemy with these things... if it ain't broke don't fix being my cry.
Hope that you can get back to work soon, being off is NO fun but equally experience (it's me age) tells me that going back too soon is just as likely to lead to a relapse.
Stay well.
A

3:17 PM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

re previous - for sammy read SPAMMY!
A

3:18 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Cat. (knocks on wood) haven't had to resort to it yet afterall it seems. I am normally got the same problem with change but I decided...oh why not.

Thanks for droppin in

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters