Friday, December 01, 2006

Just a few things...

I have a shorty rant today, since I have to clean off my car and go to work tonight. I will not swear about it this year, which would normally be my traditional holiday custom. I love nature, I love driving sometimes, but I hate snow if I have to drive in it.
Since we have no place to go...let it snow let it snow let it snow. Well I do have a place to go usually, so you can let it snow but put it kindly on the lawns if you don't mind. And no one sings about ice for a good reason.
So instead of complaining too much I am going to add a few things to my Christmas list today...besides money...which if anyone was planning on it...is still ok.
1. I would like the snow this year to only be in peoples yards when I have to go to work, with the exception of the area around Lorinda's area and the school she works at, that way she can have a day off at times and get her knitting done. Her kids want a day off too, so hey let it snow...as long as it's there.
2. I would like a trip to some place warm...but I don't think anyone has the cash to send me to Florida. Fortunatly when I work for Telly and I take him downstairs to watch Wheel of Fortune, it is warm enough to be a tropical island....just not quite as scenic. They really need to fix climate control in that retirement home.
3. I would like the computer game Civilization 3 Complete. Not really productive, and I would probably spend way too much time playing it, but hey I would like it anyway. I can't ever feel justified in the 20 dollar purchase of a game right now, got to think of weddin's and all that. Besides I am a game addict anyway. It's probably a bad idea or something.
4. I would like to get a dvd or video tape (an official one, NOT A BOOTLEG...don't even think about it Nick) of the "You Can't Take It With You," the theater production that was done at my favorite Yellowbox. Eric and Janet's husband Troy were two of the members of the cast, and they did a great job. I was very happy to have loitered around a bit and was able to get a ticket and see it on Thursday evening. If you are in the area and can see it please do, it is a good show. Bella doesn't have any weekends off though so I can't take her to the show, so I am hoping I can get the official recording if they have one instead. Besides I want to see it again too.

With that I am off to clean up, get the car ready and head in for work. Thanks for droppin by, and for tolerating my whinging about things I want.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not looking forward to getting the snow that got you guys out there.

It's too soon, too soon.

Here's hopin' Santa is listenin' to your Christmas wishes!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I hope he's listening too, but just in case I emailed him.

and I think anytime is too early for snow...brrrr, I'm dreaming of special work assignments in the Bahamas now.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janus,

The snow wasn't my fault and thanks for visiting Atropica. By the way, Civ3 rocks!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hi Patrick, don't worry I won't blame you for the snow. It was probably caused by a tourist from Florida or some other warmer place saying "I wish it would snow, I never see snow."

anyway, It was a pleasure to visit your blog as well. Besides any other Civ3 fan, automatically wins favor in the Janus's book.

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters