Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nonlabor day and Janus gets tasered by the fashion police.

For the first time in about 8 years I am going to not be working on labor day.

Joining the fine tradition of celebrating working by not working at all.

My hats off though for everyone that actually is working, and I want to let you know that I totally get it. I am sure that I am only getting Monday off because of an accident from my supervisor who didn't ask me to substitute for everyone else and besides my Monday client is still at the hospital.

So I might not update for a few days. Don't worry I'm alive.

I have not yet found the cozy job where I can take off Earth Day and Arbor Day yet. Not that I really do anything on those days. I will just have to see if the caregivers and nursing assistants union loves trees and green things.

Apparently I need to have less stuff in my wallet (less papers and cards...not less money.) My wife and current guest have pointed out that I am just not fashionable having a bulky looking pocket that looks like I am walking around with a Batman belt. I have kept my wallet in my front pocket for years (anti-pickpocket thing I learned in France not to mention I am paranoid of losing my wallet.) So I guess I either have to wear it in the back or get a man bag.

Only when I got married was able to find someone that cared to tell me that I need to make wardrobe adjustments. I don't think Jose and Angie had the heart to tell me. Someday I will tell you about my shopping trips about 12 years ago where my poor coworkers hated helping me.
They eventually gave up in despair.

Personally I don't care though so I will probably continue looking fashionably clueless. At least until they do the intervention.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters