Sunday, August 22, 2010

Feeling more at home

Well I always find I have at least one more item of furniture to move...but today after being in the apartment for over a month we were able to get the big furniture here.

We got our basics moved in a while back and it was in a lot of boxes. I felt like I lived in a storage shed because of all the boxes we had and no shelves or places to put it.

"Janus have you seen..."add household item here," and it would be time to search the boxes to find the item we need.

With 4 guys and a few trucks things can work. Dressers, Bookshelves, and the china cabinet. (Took all 4 of us to get that sucker upstairs.) Now instead of having a bunch of cardboard boxes next to my bed I have two bookshelves, a dresser, and a nice lamp. The room felt really peaceful and different. Maybe the surroundings does affect my moods afterall. So much for the "I'm a guy, who cares about the boxes" idea.

So now that the apartment looks like an apartment and I have a dining room table I am beginning to finally feel more at home. Oh, and I don't have to find socks in a garbage bag full of clothes either.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters