Saturday, September 30, 2006

Janus is better, but has to complain for a whole post anyway

When I was a young school boy (I always wanted to start with something that said that) I had the art of "being sick" down to a science, especially if I had a test or something like that. I was great at thinking of the "untestable" stomach illness, and making my temperture rise with a hot water bottle and a cheapy thermometer.
Now that I am older I actually do get sick instead of just pretending to be. Man does that stink. I want to sleep all day, I got stiff joints, I go back and forth between hot and cold, everything tastes like crap, and everyone who was used to be pretending to be sick thinks I can still function because they never have been around me when I am sick before. Who knew this would backfire.
I don't know how to run through this without making a numbered list so I will resort to doing that. Janus's thoughts on being sick.
1. Progresso soup is awful. All canned soup is terrible when you are "well" but man it tastes worse then the caffeteria food in Jr. High. It looks great on the can, I bought it because the can made it look good. Next time I will eat the can instead, it might taste better.
2. You can't drink milk. bad idea. Very bad idea.
3. Mr Rodgers is still kind of interesting if you have a fever, but no matter how sick you are those puppets are still just creepy. I used to watch Mr. Rodgers when I was sick and I was little. Yeah I know the guy passed away, but the reruns are still ok once in a while. Feed the fish is good, let's talk about sharing is fine...but I hate those puppets. They are creepy especially that cat one. Almost as creepy is how he sings and takes his shoes on and off for ten minutes a show.
4. I am glad I got alot of thick library books Lots of time, can't move much, big books. nuff said.
5. I can't wait til I can get out of the house Three days in will give you cabin fever, I like the company but I need to leave this place just for a while.

Thanks for patiently waiting for me to get back, I am feeling better and the blog is back.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Janus. I'm glad you are feeling better.

That Progresso soup sounds like it was quite an ordeal!

Library books are wonderful, especially when you can't really get out of bed.

These Mr Rodgers puppets sound kinda strange. A cat that sings, and takes his shoes off??? I have never seen them, but they sound interesting.

Anyway, it's good to see you back. Just take things slowly for a while.

Frodo :)

2:06 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

You used to fake illnesses, eh? My trick was to fill the bathtub with water, and then sit on the edge and swirl it around with one hand, which made the most-convincing bathing sounds.

Welcome back to the living.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meow meow mew mew meow. Meow mew mew, mew meow mew. Mew, mew meow mew, mew mew mew! Meow!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Sorry Frodo..the puppets don't take the shoes off, Mr Rodgers (rogers) does. He walks in..off with the shoes...on with the house shoes...end of show he takes off the house shoes and puts on the outside shoes.

the man should just take his shoes off and make it easier..

Lorinda...didn't you think that puppet with the big nose was creepy though admit it. Mr R and his old lady voice gives me the shivers

Thanks Harry, and never had a problem with baths...I had a problem
getting out of the tub.

To Anonymous....Do you know why I pulled you over..meow

5:51 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Just be grateful they weren't re-running the Teletubbies. That's freaky even without a fever!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I agree...I woke up once and my niece had turned on teletubbies and left the room for some reason.

So it was the first thing I saw waking up from an all night drinking bender right when I was in my early twenties...well I thought that I died from alcohol poisoning and apparently went to hell or something.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters