Thursday, September 21, 2006

In search for inspiration

I have been slacking with my writing today again, sorry. I was supposed to write this about a half hour ago but I got sidetracked again. Clicked on my yahoo page and saw "Who killed the Black Dahlia?" as one of the yahoo headlines. I have read this stuff a few dozen times but I always hope that someday I will do what Edgar Allen Poe could do and solve a mystery by reading a newspaper article and catching what a few hundred million other people have not noticed. Foiled again.
I don't really like blood and I don't really like to get to know the minds of people that would do something so disgusting...I just really wish I could solve a mystery someday I guess. I have read alot of unsolved mystery books and used to watch that show with Robert Stack on it. (I usually found him and the theme music more creepier than the mystery.) I guess I keep hoping that one day I will do something amazing and catch a baddie.
Lately I am trying to figure out who I am again. This may sound a bit strange to you I guess, but I am thirty years old and I have no idea what my field is anymore, or what I want to be. I used to be interested in ghosts and parapsychology, but I find that sort of thing unhealthy and well...a general bad idea. True Crime is not really anything that is really good on the mind after a while. Not to mention even if they didn't completely make me depressing and paranoid after a bit they aren't really careers. The Scooby Doo Gang ain't hiring. (Now let's see who the Phantom really is...*pulls mask off* It's Campus Pastor Mcgee! Yes! And I would of got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!)
So now I roam the library trying to figure out what sort of thing to read. The Library has a great number system called the Dewey Decimal system which sorts them by categorys. Now if I only knew what the categories were. I found the sign 305.1- 332.5 very unhelpful.
Browsing didn't do me much good either, since even though I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, the plain lime green cover that said "Modern Chemistry" that was written in 1902 didn't really scream for me to read it. So I guess I should just ask you folks that have managed to listen to me this long.
Any Suggestions?
Oh and a good thing for today, I got an Inbox/Outbox as a gift. Now I will have to clean a place for it and use it. No more excuses, I got to use it now.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself would want to see what modern chemistry was in 1902. Maybe its just me. Good luck with the in and out box, I hope you find yourself the perfect spot, and that the out box get full on occasion too.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

The Dewey Decimal System is great, believe me. British libraries gave up using it a while ago and now everything is a complete mess. All you need is the Index and you can find anything you want. That's 103.762.598, I think...

2:28 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Shelley
I will have to check out the lime green Chemistry book and get back to you on that.


Gone- Classification is good, I just wish they would tell me what the numbers were for. They used to post that, but now they guess I just know what I am looking for and I will use the computer to find it

3:03 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thank you.
A judge or a Vampire. If you had a Judge who was a vampire that would be interesting, and they would probably make it a CBS Thursday night Sitcom.

Vlad knows best or something.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters