Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sleepless in ....er Dupage County

I have been trying to avoid short posts lately that just say "I am tired, come back tomorrow." Not just because I don't want to bore you poor folks to death, but because it doesn't matter if I am tired or not, because I can't sleep lately.
My mother told me I was born at night, and I still can't get caught up sleeping. She would know, because I almost drove my parents to drink when I was a screaming non sleeping baby. They are quite glad that they don't have to deal with that anymore.
So I am trying to find a natural way to cure my insomnia, currently I take benedril at night. This knocks me out, but doesn't really help me feel rested. I also don't like being dependant on anything. I have a Pharmophobia, to randomly make up a word that sounds right.
I have tried Sleepytime tea, that doesn't seem to work, though I like the flavors. I have tried having a beer to make me sleepy, which works on occasion, I do the Benedril route though I don't feel comfortable doing that. The last time I counted sheep I gave up after I hit 1200.
So if anyone feels up to it. What insomnia remedy do you use? If you don't need one, have you heard of anything new? Drop me a line and inform me if you would , and I am going to try to go to sleep.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Janus. It's horrible when you can't sleep.

Try drinking Hot Chocolate or warm milk before you go to bed. And try going to bed at the same time every night, so your body gets into a routine.

You could also play a cd, quietly in the background. Maybe some nice peaceful classical music, or you can get these cds with ocean sounds, or rainforest sounds etc. But keep the volume very low, so it is relaxing.

I really hope you find something that works for you.

Frodo

10:59 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thank you Frodo and Lorinda, I'll give them a shot :)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read an interesting article in a Neurology journal about a treatment for true insomnia (not the occasional kind which it's okay to use sleep medicines for). This is more of a therapy and it doesn't involve the use of sleeping aids.

I grabbed a free copy of the mag, if you're interested.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Yeah Ned, I would love to read it. Where can I see it :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

I have this infallible remedy for insomnia - all you do is wwfgb g hrn vffyhhj zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters