Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Goals, Goals, Goals!

Well it is about the halfway point since I took my introductions class and I set my goals that I wanted to accomplish over the next year and I looked over the goals I set back then. I realized I haven't accomplished any of them, and not only that I have actually done more the opposite direction.
What do you think about when you hear the word "goal"? I kind of put them in the same category as "New Year's Resolutions" and "Mission Statements." In other words, I regard them as a joke or something that I never can attain.
An important thing with goals is to aim high, but aim not too high. If you don't aim high you don't do anything, if you aim too high you get overwhelmed and then you don't even try after a while. So think of somethings short or long term that are important to you and work towards it.
Why have goals at all? Well I am a person that must dream and motivate towards something, because otherwise I would just stand where I am and life would pass me by. I used to think that would make me happy, but I realize now how frustrated I get when I waste a whole day. I am getting standards. Ick.
Unrealistic goals
1. Learn how to turn straw into gold
2. Develop my Jedi powers that I don't have until I can make coffee from my chair 3 rooms away.
3. Write the "Great American" Novel that I haven't started yet by this Wednesday 3:30 pm.

Janus's real goals (not in any particular order)
1. Get a "day job" that I can tolerate if not enjoy for a long time
2. Finish my book, get it published somewhere
3. Pay off at least one major bill at a time until I am debt free
4. Get a new vehicle that is easier to drive, better on gas, and doesn't require divine intervention just to keep it going.
5. Settle down and get married sometime sooner or later
6. get a house with a backyard (so I can just open the door and let the dog run into the yard and not have neighbors about 2 feet away on all sides of the front door.) That means of course my next goals will be getting a lawnmower, rake, leaf blower, patio furniture. well at least patio furniture sounds good out of that.

I think that will do it.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having Jedi powers would be neat. lol. But I think you forgot one from your 'real goals'.

7. Make 3 dogs get on with each other, and behave. lol

Frodo

3:10 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

They are doing better already. Now if I could get them not to make so much noise when I am trying to be quiet

3:32 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

I'm not setting any more until I reach my first goal, decided upon way back in, ohhhhh, it was probably 1969 or something like that. To be rich...

7:05 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

Ah, the real goals. The ones we set for ourselves when we finally realize that we just can't be bothered anymore to be a Jedi, so we settle for lawn-mowing suburbanite.

It's not bad really. I think I wouldn't mind having my own lawn to mow...Eventually I could teach one of the kids to do it and accomplish one of my other goals - to get a La-Z-Boy and all the movie channels.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I have higher Aspirations...I want one of those fancy shmancy massage chairs. Last time I looked at one they told me that I could finance it.

I would much rather reach Gone's goal and just buy the stupid chair and pay somebody to mow my fricken lawn.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters