Saturday, September 09, 2006

Janus Doolittle

Today was a nature day.
The day started out a little rough with the water not working when I woke up (don't worry the bill was paid we had them working on the building today.) So I had to go to where I work to take a shower.
Then I called my small group (We are a very very small group, it's just Rob and I actually.) So he decided to swing by my direction and I was waiting for the "What would you like to do?" question that I never can answer. Today was different though, Rob asked me if I "would fancy going to the Arboretum?" I had never been there before so I said it sounded great.
I loved it, once we got past the Visitors Center and the Cafeteria we were able to walk outside and I got to see the pond and the trees. I can not describe it without sounding dull, but after seeing condos, shopping centers, and lighted intersections...seeing trees and wildflowers was even more beautiful than ever. I think I said "I have never been here before" about four times (Sorry about that Rob, I say stuff like that when I am in shock.)
So that was a great place to talk about God. You can really see his artistic side when you go visit nature. For a few precious minutes you no longer see the insanity of living in town.
Then I came back to the insanity after our farewells. The plumbing was still down, and it was time to pick up the kiddies. That is some family dogs.
Sunny and Carp (as in Carpet) are going to be staying with me for 2 weeks. So that means that Sammy (my Jack Russell) is going to get lots of company. That means I am going to get lots of Tylenol.
The cat is not happy with me either, and if she could give me obscene hand gestures I think she would. She is content now to give me evil glances from the bookshelf and swish her tail that does not need translation.
So thus I am Dr. Janus Doolittle for a while. Other than having 3 overly excited little dogs wanting to go the bathroom at the same time, it is actually not too bad. (The neighbors might not be too pleased, since 3 little dogs going downstairs at the same time sounds like a small horse.)
They have actually quickly learned to get along with each other. I thought they would be fighting and barking at each other, but they are respecting each others space and actually play with each other. I have never been around a few dogs at a time where they have gotten used to each other. They actually kind of talk to each other, by making noises back and forth. Kind of like those Furby things.
Now I got Sammy laying on my lap since she doesn't know what to think with these houseguests staying the night. Tomorrow I am leavin for a bit so I will have to take the dogs to their own house for a while. I don't trust three dogs alone with the cat no matter how sweet they are at the moment.
Still this is going to be a fun week for me.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time at the Arboretum. It would be nice to see all the trees and plants and the pond. Glad you had a nice time there.

As for 3 dogs and a cat - sounds very chaotic. At least the dogs seems to get on with each other. Hope it goes okay for you Janus.

Frodo

5:12 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Yesterday was chaotic, today is a little better. They are working together as one distracts me and the other two get into trouble.

like babysitting :P

12:02 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

The Fox River valley looked all too common until I moved to Hammond, Ind. to complete a 4-week job. Then I was surprised to see how well they fixed the place up and made it sparkle, once I returned.
Good to get another view at times, eh.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Oh yeah, just like when I visit my parents...the childhood memorys are always better (and usually more distorted) the further you get away from it and then come back.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters