Friday, September 08, 2006

Gridlocked with Janus

Well I got in later than I planned today and for the most part the day was good.
Though I had to get across town today and I had plenty of little observations.
1. Naperville has got a lot of lights. I am not kidding I drove through 18 stop lights just trying to make it to one destination. A few of those lights actually changed a few times before I got through them. I hate the color red today, green is my friend.
2. Never try to go anywhere when school just gets out I miss Summer vacation already, most likely because I don't have any kid that I need to send away for 8 hours a day just for some peace and quiet. Summer vacation being over for me means that I got school buses clogging up my road for blocks on end.
3. When you are trying to hurry you will always have some old lady from another state in front of you and a cop behind you. Thus making sure you can't ever go faster than 10 miles an hour below the limit and the cop is itching for you to pass so he can pull you over for speeding. Not that I can get in the other lane either
4. The Radio is insulting when you are driving. They only played commericals and traffic reports for more than three quarters of my trek across town. They played "Life in the Fast Lane" once just to mock me. I swear it.
5. I wish I had air conditioning I don't care what my dad used to tell me...it's worth burning the gas.
6. Everyone else driving is an idiot So I am glad most of you were not driving at the same time as me so I didn't insult ya.

Thanks for visiting, I am off for the night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ned said...

Just a few thoughts on driving...

The Radio: When driving to work and I want a little music to make me feel good about something bad (such as being on my way to work) they talk endlessly and report entertainment news and do telephone pranks that are not funny and downright dangerous at times.

Other Drivers: All I ask is the part of the road on my side of the yellow line, they can have the whole other half - but this is not enough for them. I have never come across another driver who has not had the unshakeable belief that they have the right of way, even when they have to cross into oncoming traffic to go around a truck parked on their half of the road. Yeah, that's right, your half - you don't get it all.. mutter mutter

School Buses: Usually only get in front of you when you are late and they always try to follow a street sweeper that they can't pass or alternately a street sweeper is waiting for you on the side road you took to get away from the school bus.

Air Conditioning: Need it, if only for my hot temper

10:07 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Well I think both of us agree Rollo...we need CD players.

Street Sweeper is one thing I have not seen in Suburb Bingo yet, otherwise I think we got traffic jam bingo blackout

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters