Sunday, September 24, 2006

Janus tells you about his weekend, thanks to Rob and his family

I am back, you can thank Rob and his family for that. Thanks to them and their technical support and suggestion of something that I didn't even think of I was able to get back online in just a little over a day. I should of called earlier...since the good idea they gave me took less than an hour to implement. Thanks Rob and Rob's oldest son whom I can't think of a good made up name for yet!
Also thanks to Frodo who has been helping me get repair stuff for my ill (but not currently crippled) computer.
So I did not finish the big article yet, sorry I have been dealing with computers so let me just fill you on the week.
I took my parents to visit church this weekend, and they loved it. I think they were surprised and even though I knew them and I knew my church I was still very nervous. First time I saw my ma' tapping her foot (that is mah...real fast..not Maaawh, I have called her ma'
for a long time.) she loved the live band. Both my folks liked the service, and were pleased to find that it was practical, easy to listen to, and still somehow Godly and truthful.
My dad was pleased to see that I occasionally talk to someone now, since that is a big thing for me. I was in the family church growing up for 10 years and never said a word to anyone. (Hard to believe eh.) He was glad to see that I was in the company of nice people and not in some wierd place wear he had to wear a suit and tie and people talked about how we were all going to burn for everything.
So we had a nice weekend, and though they live a few hours away they said they might come back and visit sometime if they are in the neighborhood. So that was my Saturday.
Today Sunny and Carp went back home, so it is back to just my own pets around here all day again. I miss them a bit already, but glad to have my life back a bit. My own pets know how to survive with me being gone for over an hour. Went out for pizza with the boss, gave him back his pets, fixed the PC.
It's been a good weekend, and great to be back. Talk to you tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see ya back up and running (thanks to Rob).

Sounds like your parents had a brilliant time and the church, and your mum liked the live band. I hope they visit it again.

Life must be a lot calmer, now that Sunny and Carp and gone back home. You can get some peace and quiet now.

Glad you had a good weekend Janus. :)

Frodo

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, thanks to Rob and oldest son no-name, we have to read your rambling successful weekend. Here is mine: I worked! Thanks a lot Rob and his no-named son!
The grouchy weekend employee formerly known as Sheed

2:14 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo- thank you, yes it is much more quiet around here now. The dog and the cat are so mellow and won't stop following me around trying to prove they are cute so I don't give them away or something. Thanks for the help with the software fixins too. Thanks for visiting.


Sheed- Sorry for the rambling successful weekend :P I will try to have a busier less enjoyable week just for you. Thank ya for visiting.

Lorinda- Oh yeah I change the subtitle once in a while just because I get bored with it.
Thanks for dropping by.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're up and running, well not you... I don't mean you should run, just your computer.

I imagine having extra pets is like having extra children around, it's slightly like punishment.

I have just decided that bobo soda when not really ice cold has a somewhat moldy flavor.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am not crazy, part of that comment is this post and part is the previous post and the rest is... well that part is just extemporaneous

6:55 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I promise not to run...fast.

Yes anytime someone is annoyed with their children they should have their children and a few others stay at their house for a week or five. That will make your children downright saintly when the others are gone.

and its ok Ned..that soda stuff is scary and the fumes from it probably made you post on the wrong section

11:27 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Sounds like a good day to me.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Turned out really well

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters