Monday, September 25, 2006

Thanks Dad

I didn't get hardly a thing done that I wanted to today. The house still needs work, the grill is still unclean, my resume and applications didn't get done. My entry that I have been planning to finish is unfinished and I just got really angry today.
I called someone because I was frustrated, but I ended up being more frustrated and angry because they couldn't help me. I got sick of everyone and just started feeling sorry for myself.
I tried researching things on the computer that could help me on what was frustrating me but just couldn't find the help I wanted. So I got desperate and I picked up the phone again.
(Sound of dialing)
" Hi Ma', is dad around?"
"Yeah Janus, he's right here...."
I called dad. I asked him if he ever had the problem I did that I could not find the internet helpful for.
He said yes, several times. He talked me through things on the resume. Told me how to get around it, and how to be honest but a little evasive. What to say and what to do. He has been there before too. Then he just let me dump everything on him for an hour straight.
All my stresses, all the things in my life I was worried about, the frustrating job situations, the troubles that I would not want to dump on some people because I was afraid they would end up being sick of me. The problems that people that wish they could help me but can't and I frustrate. Dad just listened. He occasionally would answer a question but he let me whine until my throat hurt and I felt a great weight of my chest.
"I've been there before Janus..."
"I have the same problem sometimes son."
"Here is what you do my boy."
My dad and I don't always understand each other. We have had our little arguments and not so little arguments when I was a teenager. We hardly ever tell each other that we love each other.
But we do love each other, and we know it. My dad is someone that can listen to me vent and I don't have to worry about him pretending to not be home if I call him and I need help. I don't have to worry about him leaving me because he can't stand me.
Thanks Dad. Even if I don't say it enough, I love you.
Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow I will tackle these things. I will face the dragons and not falter in the heat. Thanks for listening to me dad, and thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dad was able to help, Janus.

Frodo

12:37 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Aghhh Frodo you are too fast, I didn't even have time to edit my horrible typos before you got back.

..there.

Thanks Frodo, yep sometimes we Janus's got to stick together

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound as if you have a wonderful Dad Janus and you really appreciate him. I feel envious.
Glenni

5:23 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

appreciate him more and more these days Emma, it took a long time to get back to this point. Thanks for visiting

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have that with my dad. I had that with my mom, and I miss her very much. Sometimes she would just not help, though, so I am glad that your dad helped you this time. I have to admit it made me cry....

2:45 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Shelley- Sorry to make you cry, but thanks for reading

Lorinda- your welcome, and thanks for dropping by

7:12 AM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Yup, he sounds like a good un. Most of em are, if you give em a chance. And one day you get to be Dad yourself. Guess who you'll be like... ;)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I will be a frightening father I am certain :) thanks for commenting Gone

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters