Monday, October 02, 2006

I want one of these for Christmas

Today at work I used a leaf vacuum/mulcher. I have decided that when I get a house with a yard and lots of trees (I need trees, just having grass is terrible) I am going to get me one of these. I am still a little sore from handling it for a few hours straight, but the yard looks great where I have worked, it kept me busy, and I don't feel exhausted like I would be if I tried to swing a rake around for a few hours without ceasing.
Today was my first day back at work since last Wednesday and man do I feel happy to be doing something productive again. So today I am kind of catching up with my life again, so I am afraid it's a shorty today. I got to go now and start hammering on an updated resume which I have been putting off for a few days (weeks..months...possibly years.) Have a great night and see you tomorrow.
I am learning to like power tools, yard stuff, and fixing stuff either this is a late blooming guy thing or I am suffering brain damage from the flu last week.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

What I don't understand is the philosophy behind the leaf blowers. If all you're doing is blowing the leaves to move them, where do they go? Into the neighbor's yard? Or do they magically disappear? It baffles me...

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That leaf vacuum sounds like fun. :)

Can you come and do the courtyard behind my block of flats now, please? There is a lot of trees (and leaves)!!!

Frodo

8:23 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

good question gone, in my case I was lucky to have the vacuum..it basically chops up the leaves it sucks up and puts them in a bag and then I either have mulch or it fits really easy into Landscape trash cans (We have special cans in this town that they pay to take away lawn trash...can't burn it in this city...still getting used to that.)
Leaf blowers are kind of pointless if they don't get rid of the leaves, and well I would prefer a good old fashioned rake, but I like this mulcher thing. It saves me alot of scooping over and smoke in my eyes.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Lorinda...you may be right...that or I am just really happy to be outside again. :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo...sorry but I have no plans to have the Janus Torrell International Yard Work Exposition anytime in the near future, one or two yards is enough for me.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what are you going to do in your apartment with a leaf blower/sucker/mulcher? Kitty litter? Replace the vaccuum? Creative dusting? Just some ideas...
-I dont keep house

1:56 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Power Laundry...Mulch them boxers!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Us old men sit in dark corners of the house, muttering the whole time whenever leaf blowers are out there screaming in the key of Pain.

I vote for real lemonade, eggs fried in bacon grease and leaf rakes. Gas engine lawnmowers are tolerated only after 10 o'clock in the morning (and I would much prefer 11).

5:10 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Oh, a vacuum. I need new glasses.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

bacon sounds good, vacuum over rake though since I can't burn the stuff anyway, and I am allergic to lemons...curses.

Anyone that runs loud powertools in the day when I was trying to sleep is prone to get beaten with the rake I do have.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters