Wednesday, October 17, 2007

This weeks silent swearing moment.

Waiting for the call when things are moving.

I hate seeing the contractor's phone number showing up on the phone or a voice mail.

I like our contractor personally, just like I get along with the painter, and even my mother.

So why do I hate when they call? Because they never call me to say that things are going well.
"Hi Janus, this is your contractor, I just wanted to tell you that everything is great and I wanted to make your whole day wonderful...thanks."

Usually it is... "We came across a problem..." "We ran out of trim." "We need more paint than we thought. " "This wood needs to be replaced." "The plumber has been murdered by a group of Huns riding in on horseback from Mongolia."

Today it is, the plumber broke the part that you and your wife practically sailed across the Atlantic to find on Monday because it is so rare. We had to have the old fixtures in our place that General Lee used in the Civil War by our bad luck (The original builder must of bought them on clearance.) So we had to look all over to find a stupid part, and then it gets broken.

Why does this make me so pissed? Because we left instructions to call the store if they didn't know how to install it and a business card for the shop we got it. The store clerk says they are a bit tricky to install, and if the clerk admits that, you are in deep crap. So I left a message to the contractor to call if they needed help, and I figured if the plumber wasn't sure he would call. Stupid me to think that I could relax and not worry about it.

So if they find another part that isn't in the Museum of the Confederacy in short order I have to pray that they don't break it and that I will get back into my house before New Years.

Excuse me now while I find something to smash with a hammer.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are lots of people whose phone calls I don't relish, in fact, I never answer my home phone.

I know the feeling of dread.

I hope they get it right so you can settle in and blog away.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

It was the call "if" they need help- You should have stated they "must call for special installation instructions!"

See, plumbers get paid so much they're egotistical, stuck-up Know-it-alls who never need any one to tell them how-to-anything!

Tell him to pay for the part if he's gonna break it due to stupidity.... he'll change his tune-

1:12 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - It's called Murphy's Law. Sounds like your guys are in direct contact with him. I know how you feel. I tried my best to do certain things before my move and went nuts as the simplest of things broke apart faster than a Chinese fortune cookie. Hang in there it's almost over. :)

Peace,

- Neo

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, why do you call me for the name and address of the store when I left you the card with the part? Ah, you pay no attention to me whatsoever! That card got thrown into the trash like a bad egg. Reasons why plumbers are not engineers....
also engineers basements are full of outdated manuals.
you cannot win
--Bella

12:09 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

One thing down..another to go, waiting for them to fix my hot water. Otherwise I am good...in a freezing sort of way

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters