Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cultured Janus aka Janus goes to a play.

Saturday and part of Sunday involved putting the last of our things in a box. Now I can finally relax a bit...well until we have to move all this crap back in. I have been living on love, take out food, and motrin for the last week. The good news is my hand stopped tingling, the bad news is now it just really hurts.
Jose and his wife came out and we decided to see a play at the CCC Yellowbox my church/coffee shop/special events center of things.
The play was called "Our Town" which was a play about the life about folks in a small town through a generation from childhood, marriage, and death. It is much easier to watch than it is for me to describe.
I realized that I had seen this play before back in the city where I used to live near. I realized though that the play I saw at Sunday seemed to be more enjoyable and more well acted. Perhaps it is my faulty memory or perhaps it is because I know some of the actors, but the play was really something special to me and seemed better this time around.
It had a somewhat sad ending and Jose whispered to me "I want to cry, this is really good."
After it was done we had to console ourselves with some all you can eat Mongolian stir fry. I had my usually 30 pounds of meat and a carrot mix, while everyone else ate more healthy. Then we were full and quite consoled or something like that.
I need to go to plays more often, it was great. For a few hours I was able to forget my back and enjoy myself. It was just plain great.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your hand and your back is hurting you so much. You're not having an easy time. I really hope both get better soon.

That play sounds really interesting, and knowing some of the actors would be even better. Glad you enjoyed it, and the meal afterwards.

So you packed the last of your things into a box now? Talk about living out of a suitcase, lol. It must be exciting though, seeing your house gradually getting done up. Just keep telling yourself 'It will be worth it. It will be worth it. It will be worth it.'

Take care now Janus.

Frodo :)

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery, take it easy.

Our Town is a great play, and doesn't suffer from being done by community players, because of that home-grown appeal. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope you have time to relax once you are all settled in.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - I hear ya about the back pain. I'm had this kink in my shoulder/neck for about two weeks. It's starting to really get old.

Glad you enjoyed the play!

Peace,

- Neo

7:15 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I empathsize with the buzzy then painful hands. Those symptoms plague me every day because of work- I hate waking up because the pain tends to be worse then.

Probably, your pain will subside after a few days. Good luck!
(Mine wait for a better job)

There is NO SUBSTITUTE for live entertainment! I used to be in, do crew work for, even operate the spotlights at stage productions. It's a great experience from both sides of the stage-
I need to get out more now, too!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hi all, wow we got a bunch of hurting people that read this blog.

Thanks for the visits and comments

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters