Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Beer and a sandwich, and a new link for you all

Today was a good day, did I get millions of things done? Well not really in a work productive sort of way. However I got that mental and spiritual renewal in my midweek. My friend Rob and I get together once in a while, we aim for once in the middle of the week.
We went to a restaurant/Bar and he likes to try something new every time. Today we had the chicken fingers, truly the alpha male amongst tavern food and washed it down with a glass of Killians. Both were really good.
It is nice to have a friend that lives close by and to be able to have good conversation and a little food in the middle of the week. Most of my friends live over an hour and a half away, and some on the other side of the country. Even though I am surrounded by some nice people on a regular basis, it is nice to have someone that you can regard as a friend in the classic definition.
I don't feel like I have to be guarded, and can talk to someone that is close but not so close they feel offended if you do want to ignore topics that you don't like to think about even to yourself. He is also at a level of maturity that I share where we can joke and have fun but don't feel inclined to act stupid. We also share the same faith and many interests. Someone to share laughs and share prayers and sorrows with.
It is good for anyone man or woman to have a friend that they can share a drink and a sandwich and be able to unwind around. After having a few hours of talk and sharing a meal I always find my spirits renewed and my creativity and writing to return.


P.S. Some Blog changes that I put on that aren't long enough to get it's own entry tonight.
I have added Harry and his "Tales From the Edge of the Swamp" Blog to my links list tonight. I encourage folks that drop by to visit Harry's Blog. Some good reading and pretty frequent updating.

Also I put a Blog Counter on here, just to satisify my own morbid curiousity.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice counter Janus (pronounced Janice). Nothing says desperate for attention like a webpage counter. Just kidding. Keep on plugging. Oh, and did you see what Garfield did to Odie? Crazy cat! That Jon sure is a loser.
On the other hand, thanks for link to Harry... and making me want to eat tavern food.
-The Tavern Wench also known as Sheed

1:09 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

I don’t know why, but most kids make friends so easily. Adults have a much harder time. Maybe they have grown to disdain activities such as beer-and-chicken-finger lunches or armpit-and-knee-farts or companionship. You know a kid would jump at the chance to take part in all of those.

Thanks for the plug and more.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

For even joking about that Janice thing you deserved to be taunted with tavern food :P

Now excuse me I have some garfield to read.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I think it's harder for adults to make friends because they aren't always forced to go to school 8 hours a day with a few hundred people their own age.

We tend to get more paranoid and self concious about appearing improper I think when we get older.

Your welcome for the plug Harry, thank you for the good reading.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

You can't fool me - I know chickens haven't got fingers. But what parts of them are the nuggets?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Somethings are best left unknown Gone

12:54 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Yeah, like Roxanne. Talk about chicken fingers...

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters