Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Drain Bamaged about "some things."

Ever have some ideas but never know how to write them out?

I sure do, in fact I have about 400 trillion notebooks of scattered notes of ideas I have but I haven't gotten the brain or the motivation to be able to hammer something out. 400 Trillion sounds a bit like hyperbole I must admit, but really I keep the notebook sales going at the local grocery store when school isn't in session.
Some things I write down seem funny at the time, but when I think it over I realize that the sheer hilarity of my own really bad humor just isn't as catchy to the rest of the world in large.
Some things I write down require more research, research requires time and money, research takes work. I am bad at all three of those elements. In fact I will go online because it is the fastest and cost effective way to research and I end up reading Garfield comics instead.
Some things are fleeting thoughts and I write them down so I don't forget them, but forget where I wrote them down and therefore they stay in a dusty tome in the far corner of my closet forever lost to me.
Some things I finish but have to type out and edit and therefore it stays on my desk for about ten years.
Some things need illustrators and I haven't found one yet, nor do I know where to look for one.
I could finish 1/10th of the things I start I could maybe be a Dickens or Doyle someday. I have got to work on that 99% perspiration thing.

Thanks for letting me whine, now I have to go research some Garfield.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you get a big box for your notebooks, and keep it next to your computer?

On the other hand, researching Garfield sounds a lot more fun.

Frodo

5:32 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

One project of mine that most certainly will fall through the cracks is a book featuring Garfield, Pogo Possum, Shoe, Peanuts, Get Fuzzy; et all. The title would be along the lines of philosophy, and how mine became entrenched.

What is fascinating to me is anyone who actually writes ideas down and keeps track. I used to have a George Costanza wallet, filled with slips of paper, each of which contained one word, and usually abvtd so badly that I never knew what the hell I had been thinking in the first place. Then my back went out. I am okay now since I eliminated my pockets (I was planning on blogging this, too).

So where did I leave my ntbk?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

It would have to be a really big box Frodo, I used to have half of a storage lockup.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

On top of the notebooks I have the George wallet too. My pockets are littered with notes. I even got card game designs in there.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And guys wonder why women have such big purses...
The drain bamaged Sheed

1:06 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

at last part of the mystery is explained. Now if I can figure out why they go to the bathroom in teams!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

.oO(Hmmm, Harry got here before me and mentioned Get Fuzzy already. But to rub it in with the Seinfeld reference, really, this is too much...)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We go to the bathroom to discuss who has the best notebook, of course.

Frodo.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters