Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Janus wants a raise really bad

Ok the waiting was bad enough, and not getting a full night of sleep is slowing me down pretty bad, and the stress is killing me at the moment. All this I can live with.
However, Dancing With The Stars is about where I draw the line. At the risk at offending some of my readers (maybe one or two?) and incurring the wrath of the most powerful person in this country (Oprah), I will state it here.
I despise Dancing With The Stars
I am not that fond of dancing without the stars either, but make it a contest and I want to drink at work.
Yes, I have it on at work. When you take care of the elderly that happens, you watch what they watch. If they want to watch Court TV because they can't get enough of OJ and missing people, thats what you watch. If they want to watch Maury and his lie detector and paternity tests every day that is what you watch. Dancing with the Stars though...ughh.
You may wonder why I don't just tune it out, that is because my client feels the need to talk to me about what he is watching. Did you see that Janus? They are going to get a "10" I know it! That fast paced stuff...that isn't really dancing..dancing is when a man and a woman are in love and....
Yeah you get the idea.
Baseball season is over so I can stop hearing about how no one can throw a curveball anymore, and we have moved on to the "That isn't really dancing rant..." Unlike baseball I don't give a crap about dancing at all so I can't even pretend to care. But alas my job requires me to do my best.
I really need to go to college again and become a doctor or something. Then I can avoid watching television and if I have to watch it with a patient I am at least making more to do it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Try this. When I watch Ice Skating, I yell 'fall,' (you'll have to do it under your breath to get away with it)when they go for the jumps. Makes stomaching it much easier. ;) And by doing this you'll smile making your client think you actually are enjoying the show.

Peace,

- Neo

11:53 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo, hmmm I might try that. Down to the finals soon at least.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Getting paid to watch tv doesn't sound that bad to me...

But I don't mind that show, having spent years dancing...

7:07 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Snag it isn't too bad having to watch tv, it is the commentary that comes with it.

Nothing wrong with dancing really...I think it more the judges, the host, the interviews and recaps, and the constant begging for me to vote. Dancing is about the only thing that doesn't totally drive me nuts...but the rest just kind of adds up.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters