Sunday, August 27, 2006

My drug dealing days are over

I have allergies.
Bad ones, in fact. I have a dog, a cat, a hamster, lots of carpet, I don’t dust worth a crap at home (hey I get paid to do that at work, but how many of you like to clean on your time off), I am allergic to all forms of pollen, and God knows what else. If I got used to it they would probably open up a chemical plant and a lumber mill across the street.
I would be dead in the middle ages from Asthma more than likely, if not from the swelling of the throat, than probably the repeated bleeding from the local barber who would get rid of the demons and elves that cause me to have sinus trouble.
I am sure a lot of other people have that to.
So I go to my local Walgreen’s, open 24 hours a day so I can get my "over the counter" allergy medicine and where I used to be able to pick up a box I find a little card that says "See Pharmacist for assistance."
So I grab three cards (you can do the math, 30 days in a month/10 pills a box.) I walk up to the counter, and suddenly I realized that I was a drug dealer and destroying the community. Apparently you can only buy so many at a time, and you cannot buy more than 20 or so a month. Which means . . . Bleeding patients might be making a come back.
I wondered if it was just a local thing, but I find out that allergy medicines are being restricted all over the land, because the makers of illegal drugs in their industrious pursuits to make money so that they can spend all night eating at Denny’s, have started using my brand of allergy medicine to make drugs.
So that means if I want allergy medicine that works, (because the non restricted crap doesn’t work), which is why they still sell it without having to sign a book, give your driver’s license, and swear on a stack of bibles and on the old photo of Nancy Reagan that you are not a drug dealer, I either have to get a prescription from my doctor so I am not as restricted or I have to go to my drug dealer that doesn’t restrict me every month.
Over the counter . . . shah right

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janus Torrell said...

True, though most of the drugstores are keeping it on record for the whole chain.

Most of the drugstores anymore around here are Walgreens and CVS. so they keep each others records.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters