Saturday, October 14, 2006

"THE" question

Last night I popped the question. That’s right THE question. This may seem like a shock to some of you, mainly because I am not always the most open about all personal details of my life in my emails, blog, and messages. However, today I will let you in on a very public happening in my life. About this time next year, I will be married.
I did the proposal with the eye contact, hand holding, and bowing on one knee. I said some words that I can’t quite remember since it was all a blur. She said yes, I handed her the ring which I held in my hand (Do not keep them in pants pockets...bad idea.) What had slowly (and not so slowly) had begun over three and a half years ago, led to this wonderful but very awkward moment last night.
So for all of you not named Bella, I apologize but I am going to be a bit mushy today. After all, who’s blog is it anyway?!
Since neither of us remember much of what I said I am going to add a little to last nights ramble....so this is for you Bella.
You have been a wonderful mother for Sammy, when you first met us both we were two abandoned vagabonds with a really ugly car and not much more than the clothes on our back. You were able to see beyond the dirty badly groomed me and my Jack Russell that sheds all over everything and love us for who we were and are. Even if I had wanted to leave way back then because of that scary thing called commitments , Sammy wouldn’t allow it. She fell in love with you the moment she first met you, and said (If a dog could talk) Daddy...she’s the one. I agree with her there.
You have stolen the heart of my nieces and nephews, my parents, and you did what no woman has ever been able to do, you won the heart of my sister Caroline. Caroline wouldn’t accept just anyone for her little brother, and has never had a problem voicing her opinion as such. I knew when she started asking me when she was going to cater my “fricking wedding”, that you touched even her heart, like you did mine. You have become a sister to Caroline and my brother, a daughter to my parents, and a favorite aunty to the children of my family.
We have been through some rough times like the loss of your mother, the stress of me looking for work, my dad’s fight and eventual victory over his cancer, my past, the recent loss of my good friend. We have been through some good times like my cousin’s wedding, your class reunion, holidays together, vacations together, your co-workers wedding, picnics and cookouts, going to church together, and almost every other moment we can spend together.
We have been there for each other when we are sick, we enjoy being with each other when we are well. We can’t wait to get home to see each other when we are both forced to do that horrid thing called work. You can tolerate me when I forget to call sometimes, or I don’t clean the place like I should. You just plain put up with me, and you should get a medal for that.
You have brought love and light back into my life. You are the reason why I have found my faith again, with your gentle prodding (you didn’t even have to use the cattle prod) and your inspiration. You truly are and will be my better half, you don’t just make me want to be a better man, you have done a lot to make me a better man.
I hope you will still do the honor of marrying me, and become Bella Torrell.
With Love, Janus.
Thanks for coming by everyone and watching me get all mushy, I hope to see you tomorrow. Thanks for the editing assist, also done by Bella.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“yes my dear, dear Janus... (I have to emphasize the hard A), I will marry you my dear. I always have, and always will love you. I thank God every day for you. You are my special gift from Him. Now please hand me a tissue..."

Love Bella

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful to hear. :)

Congratulations Janus and Bella.

May you have a lifetime of love and happiness together.

Take care of each other.

Frodo :)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Yes, congrats indeed.

You are a brave girl, Bella. Look after the Janus feller - he's kinda special to us. :)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise to, Gone Away. Thanks for all the congrats everyone.

-Bella

1:38 PM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

Sincere congratulations to you both.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thank you everyone :), sorry to be a bit slow the last few days, one of them weekends.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters