Thursday, October 12, 2006

What a Campaign in the butt

Sorry not to post the last morning, I have been slackin'. Well at least from blogging that is, Last night we went to the first evening at the Alpha course. Which to explain would take a whole other blog entry and I don't have time before I got my next appointment.
I tell you what though, if you couldn't guess from this slightly disturbing title I can't wait til the election season ends. Now before someone accuses me of hating democracy I am a registered voter, and I do care about what goes on with my community. "SOMEONE PLEAAAAAAAAAASE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!" Yeah, it's not often I can just shout that in the middle of a post.
However I am not Mr. Politics by any means.
I watch the latest Simpson's season DVD whenever I hear the president is going to speak on television because I figure if he has something to say that I need to hear it will be in a newspaper or he will call me up and go "Janus I really need to tell you about the latest events in the war on terror!" If he does that, then I suppose I can take away from my busy scheduale of playing my old playstation games and invite him by for a Killians.
But for the most part, elections and politics annoy the crap out of me. I hate the television commericals, especially since they never talk about something they might actually do if they get elected they just tell me why their opponent is Satan in a suit. So all this shows me is that they have no plan, but their opponents are even worse. I could be watching "Easy Button" commericals, find out for the 100th time what is happening on "My name is Earl" this week, and...ok yeah Commericals stink no matter what.
Then you see all the signs hanging up in yards, which in Singapore would be considered littering and would get you fined and caned. I think a sign or two is ok if you really believe in someone, but I get scared when I see the guy that has 20 signs for the same political campaign in his yard, I either think this is the father of the guy running in the election or this guy is the last person I want to be stuck in a snowstorm with because he will probably tell me all about why Republican Treasurers can count better than Democratic Treasurers or something. Bottom line is I think that all politicans are full of it for the most part, and I don't debate how good a guy is that I don't really know.
I am able to mute the commericals, I am able to look away from signs...so I was getting used to this. I was getting ok with it. Then 10:00 in the morning my phone rings. California call? It's Governor Arnold, and he cares about some guy running for politics in my state so much, he decided to wake me up with a recording to tell me all about him. Since it's a recording I can't offer him a Killians nor can I tell someone to take me off of the $()@*$) list.
This is where I go from being an indifferent voter to considering anarchy. I need to have a phone on because I'm on call for emergancy things, so I can't turn it off. I am up til 4:00 in the morning usually, and nothing makes me crankier than waking up to a recorded message. Just send me a bulk email that I can delete to my mail box and back off.
Sorry I had to rant. Thanks for coming by.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger a fractal cat said...

A rant well made.
Happy to find a happy Janus. :)

Take care.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I know just what you mean, Mr. and Mrs. Jamis. And if I can count on your needed support to help me raise funds, sponsor a few yard sales and attend a half-dozen rallies over the next two weeks, then I can assure you, Mr. Kanus, that I will promise to do something positive about that shameful signage my opponent (a registered Thespian) illegaly littered those lovely lawns with. Please stay one the line so that one of our operators may confirm your credit card #...

7:50 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

thanks cat.

..resists temptation to smash telephone on harry, but then goes back to sleep

1:43 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

"But, sir..."

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters