Sunday, October 15, 2006

When the Torrell guy moves, he starts moving fast...

Well I am glad that some of you came back after yesterday's sincere (but sincerely sappy) posting. It is a new week so now it is my custom to completely change subjects without warning. Thank you for all the congratses (I think I made that one up) on the yahoo messenger and emails though, that was really nice. Though I got to do a flashback today first.
About a month ago to the day (give or take a day) I wrote a piece on goals. I guess writing them down really does work. Just for a rehash. (not in order)
1. Get a day job that I enjoy or at least tolerate for a while (Looks like we can cross that off hopefully after Tuesday.)
2. Settle down and get married sooner or later (Next October...I guess that's decently sooner than later now.)
3. Pay off debt one bill at a time. Well that one is going to take a while, especially if I am paying for wedding stuff. Also, I got alot of bills. It wouldn't be considered a goal if it wasn't something fairly difficult and complicated. So yeah, still working on this one.
4. House with backyard...that will be a while. See above.
5. Finish and publish book...well now that I am working I don't have to spend 3 hours a day looking at ads and filling out paperwork, so I can go back to working on the kids books. Usually after my first or second day of work I realize I want to write a bunch of books and be a famous author so I can sleep in later and not have to shave (Not that I shave if I can avoid it anyway.) Plus the thought of having to bathe people for the next 40 years of my life, suddenly jars me out of writers block.
6. Get a car....which I got today. Nope that's not a misprint. Today I Trickle Inherited a car (Trickle inherited means, that someone else got a car and I got their old one.) I am officially getting rid of my ugly old van tomorrow, and giving it to my brother in law Tony. I got me a little 4 door Chevy Lumina with good heating and a radio that doesn't cause accidents for me to reach over and try to adjust. It is also the first car that I have that is younger than my graduation year. For a guy that never had a car that was younger than 1987, this is great.
Now that gas is less than 10 billion dollars a gallon at the pump and I have a car that has better mileage than a World War 2 vintage SuperTiger Panzer Tank (thats 2 miles a gallon if you were curious) I have to go on a road trip. Except I work Tuesday morning, and I don't have that much money til my next check. So I guess my road trip might be to Montgomery Illinois or something (40 minute drive.)
So all in all I have to say, the goal thing is doing pretty hot this last month. Though I still have not found a way to spin straw into gold, haven't wrote my great American novel in one afternoon, and my jedi powers are still far from developed...though I think I made the light switch move just a fraction...I swear. That might be delirium though, I am off for bed.

See you all later.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's all wonderful news. I am glad to see you making and reaching your goals and it's wonderful to know you have a great partner to make goals with and to work with to reach them. It's a gift to have someone like that to share your life.

Heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to you both!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really nice to see you reaching your goals, Janus. Congratulations again.

Frodo

8:07 AM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Any guy who knows the gas consumption of a Tiger tank can't be all bad. ;)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks you all again, and yes Gone I would not recommend a Tiger Tank for a commute to work, though it would make it safer for people with jobs in bad neighborhoods.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters