Saturday, January 20, 2007

The week after report, Janus fields your questions.

Today will be a week since I got home from my honeymoon, and life is almost back to normal. For those wondering why I haven't dropped by and said commented on blogs yet, I am still working on that. I just finally got caught up with a weeks worth of email and been posting as best as I can, when I am not at work...and taking account of one day with me playing with my "I made it through the wedding" gift (Yes, Civilization 3 again is to blame.)
I get asked the same two questions a lot, so I figured I would answer them here for the benefit of my blog readers.

How was the honeymoon? The honeymoon was great! My brother Ed has a nice Arizona location, and I love the view. From our bedroom window we could see red rock formations. The house was great too, and beats the crap out of having to go to a hotel. I like visiting in the winter when the Rattlesnakes and Scorpions are still taking a nap. The Coyotes were pretty polite and only howled once.
We saw the Grand Canyon and some Indian rock art and ruins (Native American if you wish me to be technical, but even the park service usually says Indian for ease.) We did a lot of sight seeing and dining out. That sums up the honeymoon pretty much that I am willing to share. Though I might talk about specifics with the Canyon later.
Flight was late getting out there, but we got back an hour before planned. I got some books and the suitcase was too heavy. (The guy let us slide.) So Thanks to my parents for the tickets and the ride to and from the airport and kudos to my brother Ed for use of the house.
We had a great time, but we are glad to be home before we went broke.

How is married life treating you? I realize that a lot of people ask this as a "How are you?" question. Since it has only been a week I can pretty much only give a generic reply. "It is well, thanks."
Bella is having all her paperwork done to get her name changed, and that keeps her pretty busy at the moment. I get to keep my name, so I don't have that much trouble.
I am used to having a wedding band on, which is the only piece of jewelry that I have ever really owned or care to own. So I will usually show that to someone that hasn't seen that before since I am so proud to have my band. Normally I find jewelry stupid or vain, but I am proud of this band and what it represents.
I have to take it off when I do various tasks at work so I keep it safely in my locked pocket and then I put it on immediatly afterwards before I lose it. Since I have worn it almost entirely for a week I have developed "Phantom Ring Syndrome." I still feel like I am wearing something even when it is in my pocket.
Occasionally I realize that it's not on, and I panic and find it in the pocket exactly where I left it. Now I know how Frodo feels (The hobbit, not the blog visitor.) I like my band very much and it means a lot to me, so I am more nervous about it being misplaced than I normally would be about anything else. My Preciousssss.
The other night I was trying to pull my finger off, because I was giving Telly his shower and I thought I had my ring on. It of course wasn't on but was in my pocket. So I was pulling on my phantom ring and couldn't get it to move. Finally Telly looked at me, and asked me why in the world I was pulling on my finger.
"Trying to get my ring off before handle the soap."
"You're not wearing your ring, it's in your pocket."
I looked down finally and realized that he was right. "Oh yeah, it's not on."
"I thought I was the forgetful 91 year old," he said and gave me a toothy grin.
Touche' Telly, Touche'.

Talk to you later my precious

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1-week anniversary. :)

Hope you get caught up with your emails and postings soon.

It sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon, although it must have been scary when the coyotes were howling. The red rock formations and Indian ruins sound lovely.

It must be strange, thinking you have your ring on, when it is still in your pocket.

Anyway, take care Janus. :)

Frodo (the blog visiter, not the hobbit)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Somehow that scene from cheech and chong comes to mind. Or fear and loathing in las vegas. (Long story)

I've never been out west, but it sounds nice.

Don't lose that ring or the MRS. will kill you!

LOL

Peace,

- Neo

11:29 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hi Frodo the blog visitor, the ring thing is kind of like a watch. If you wear a watch for a long time, and then you lose it or it breaks, you still stare at your wrist for a while.

The Coyotes weren't so scary, but they did make me stop for a minute and listen, I never heard one in person before.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

the West is amazing Neo, its like a different planet compared to out here.

As for my ring I am guarding it well, that's why I am so paranoid.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time, sounds like a lovely spot for a honeymoon. The southwest has that "red rock" look and appeal, especially for frozen northerners.

The phantom object syndrome applies to almost anything. If you wear glasses for years and suddenly get contacts, you still spend half the day pushing up your non-existent glasses at precise intervals because you are programmed with the exact rate of slippage per hour of your glasses. When the time has elapsed and they would be precisely halfway down the nose, a finger automatically reaches to push them up even though they aren't there.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

The Southwest is great, my only complaint from visiting there in a short time was is how much lotion I need to use since.

I still got desert face.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now, for something completely different: the Freehare!
(Yeahyeah, I know, but how else'd I let you know 'bout it? =P )

6:05 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Raf :), will look it over.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters