Thursday, January 18, 2007

Civilization is bad for productivity

Well I am doing something today I normally would never allow myself to do.

I am giving a quick update before I go to work in the morning. I write before going to work in the afternoon or evening all the time, but never in the morning and for a good reason. I don't want to lose track of time. I am not a morning person, and with that I better move on before I lose track of time.

Last night was the last evening of the Alpha course session, but I will be going back to it in April. Hopefully with perfect attendance this time. I missed three sessions last time, once because I was sick, once because I was working, and once because I was on my honeymoon. So I will have to keep those numbers up.

I wish that was the reason why I didn't blog yesterday, but the truth is I was playing a game and took a nap. I decided to reward myself for getting a lot of work done by getting myself a game that will make sure I never get anything done again...well not that bad hopefully. So I got Civilization 3 from the bargain section of Target and of course I played it way too much yesterday. Then I realized I was tired so I took a nap and then woke up in a panic to get to Alpha.

Not a good day for responsibility yesterday.

Bella got her new drivers license with my last name on it also, I don't have much more to add to that, but it was worth mentioning.

Well my car should be warmed up now, so I better take out the dog and get myself to work.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The exact same thing (more ore less) happened to me last night too =P Was looking for some strategy games to review, and picked a Civilization clone. Started on it at 'bout 10pm, I think. Before I knew it, it was 5h30am =S That got quite painful. So hell yeah, Civilization is bad for productivity!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you managed to get Civ 3 Janus, you've been wanting that game for a while. Just don't forget about the real world. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the Alpha course. Did you do anything special for the last night?

Frodo

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That explains the pile of dishes in the sink. :)
--Bella

12:01 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - I haven't played that one since the commodor 64 (original version) I'm more into playing Socom online, and madden.

I usually write whenever I get the chance. I seem to be speeding up my process lately. I used to post 3 or 4 times a day. Damn, I feel old now. Maybe I need a nap? LOL

Peace,

- Neo

1:11 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

PS - Make sure you do those dishes before you leave the house. You're not starting out good. LOL!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Raf, we are just gluttons for punishment.

Frodo, what is the real world? For the last night we did pizza and the usual wrap up stuff.

Bella..um (looks innocent) what dishes?

Neo, I am taking the coffee away there buddy. three or four posts a day is only allowed if it's the profession :)

4:45 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Ha! Like I said, I don't do that anymore. My readers had trouble keeping up. I space them out more these days.

I miss it though, it's a shame my archives aren't up there from my first start (year 1) Although I do have them all backup up on disks for possible use later in a book.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where is MY pizza then, Janus? I am DEEPLY hurt that you didn't save me any. Lol.

Frodo :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo I wish I kept my files from my older stuff on disk, some of it I was really proud of. Now I say less but try to be a little more readable. Though when I rant...I realllly rant.


Frodo, I will email you a slice.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters