Sunday, December 24, 2006

The first dinner, and the last of shopping..Janus Holiday Tour 2006 Begins

Yesterday was the last official gift stop, we had to get a gift certificate for Bella's cousin and her husband to be. (Yes, we really stuck with the gift certificates still.)
I like food gift certificates the best, because that means I will usually eat at where we get them at. (Have to make sure the food is up to quality...yeah...something like that.) So lunch at the Firkin Fox in Glen Ellyn. Chicken fingers very good...tea was above average. I would buy gift certicates there again...oh and eat there too.
Last night we went to Bella's dad's house. (Double possessive noun, doesn't that get me more points in scrabble?) We had a Polish style Christmas, since his new wife is Polish, which means we had enough food on the table to feed all the animals and support staff in the song of the 12 days of Christmas.
I got full after the Potatoes, Brocoli, and Ham course, and managed to eat a meat wrap that was offered to me because she made it special for me without mushrooms. (How can I not appreciate someone making something just for me.) It took me about two hours before I could eat dessert.
We exchanged gifts, talked and caught up, looked at some pictures, and went home around 10:00. This kicks off the Janus Torrell Holiday Eating Tour. Tonight begins day two, which is dinner at my brother Ed's house and more talking and gift exchange followed by a candle service at church , and tomorrow night it ends with dinner with Bella's aunt's house for dinner, gifts, and social activity.
Then Tuesday evening its back to the grind, and getting ready for New Years.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free dinners? Can't be bad. Lol
It was nice of her to make the meat wrap with no mushrooms especially for you, though.

I hope you had a nice christmas day.

Take care.

Frodo. :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Yeah Free dinners, Christmas is the time of year to mooch off your loved ones for some food.
Yeah it was nice of her to do the non-mushrooms, my own parents can barely remember what I like.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas too

3:29 AM  
Blogger Ned said...

I had to give up my tradition of finding someone else to cook and make my own dinner. I am happy to report we are all still alive this morning.

Hope yours was merry, Janus.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Merry Christmas Ned, sorry that you had to do the cooking but I hope all of you enjoyed it.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters