Sunday, December 17, 2006

Janus back in the land of the living, brings tidings of joy and updates.

Some people may have noticed a strange lack of Janus posting and commenting in the last few days. Some people probably didn't notice. Though for those that did, thank you and sorry to be away for a little. Tis been a crazy few days.
Four early morning days in a row is partly to blame for my absense. Morning people don't get me, so I will translate it into Morningpeopleese. If you went to bed at 10:00 pm every night and you couldn't sleep a wink until then, you would be getting up at 2:00 in the morning and going to work or appointments for four days in a row. Except my time is I go to bed at about 2:00 in the morning, sometimes later if I can't sleep and got up at 6:00 to go to work.
I tried the naps, they just don't cooperate. So I couldn't blog very well since when I got home I lost my brain functions and couldn't post or comment because I was busy trying not to drool on myself or whatever people do when they are really tired.
With that being said, "I am back." I missed you all, a little piece of me is always missing when I am not reading exciting things going on with all of you. I will try to be a bit more regular again with my posting.
Today we got some new and long overdue website updates. You will notice that we have two new links.
The first is Patrick's blog which is called Atropica. He writes about a great deal of topics and is recommended for some good reading about...well just about anything. I also like the name Atropica, which sounds like a warm place with a beach and cold beverages. I had the pleasure of finding his blog thanks to Janet posting about him and have been reading since. (Well except when that pesky work gets in the way.) Recently the busy writer of this blog has began a Bible study program to read the Bible in 90 days! He also is working on other projects that are amazing to read up on.
Also new to my links is Community 4:12. What is Community 4:12? Well the blog and CCC's Website explains it much better than I can, but I will try to wing it. Community 4:12 is program that my church is active in that works at helping under-resourced communities. They work with the schools, the government, businesses, and of course the people in these communities to help take care of needs that are not being met. They are active in quite a few things so I will just mention a few here, such as the Christmas Gift Mart which helped give some kids (and parents) a merrier Christmas in Aurora and an afterschool reading club for elementry school children. This blog is written by Kirsten, the director of Community 4:12, and it is amazing to see all the things going on with the program.
So besides these two very good links, I also did a cosmetic change for my link pages. I just shuffled things in Alphabetic order and did a tweak here and there. After posting those two links though, I am afraid I have nothing exciting to add about my own Blog tonight. So with that I am off...I have a lot of catching up to do and need to go to sleep.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Janus is back. :)

It's nice to see ya back Janus, I was getting worried. Now I hope you can get some well-earned sleep. :)

Frodo

6:58 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Good to see you Frodo!

I got some sleep and missed hearing from ya too

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the really nice write-up about Atropica. Really nice of you to drop by from time to time.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Patrick, it's my pleasure. Thanks for making it a good read.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters