Saturday, December 09, 2006

Janus does his balancing acts

I am braving something I normally would do anything to avoid.

working out the personal finance budget.

am able to help Manuel with his business budget and able to tell my brother-in-law Tony how to get his idea started. I am great with other peoples money!

my personal finance on the other hand, I hate with a passion. I never bothered to do budgets, and I have let other people balance the books. Now I am paying dearly for not bothering to do budgets back then. So it was inevitable that I would get to this point I guess.
January this next year I will be an official unremovable part of someone elses life, bound in love, life, sickness and health, and responsibility. I was asked if I would be willing to help with the budget, which made me cringe, but I should do it and really need to do it. So while I am cooking tonight I will be looking at the numbers I jotted down, and then planning ahead with what I know.
I dread personal finance though so much...it means I will have to see where we can go out for dinners and movies and when I have to make lots of casseroles to save money. It means we have to plan on trips a little better, it means getting credit cards under tight rein. It means, we have to have rules.
Rules are good though. God has rules we follow, Society needs rules to keep order, and Businesses need rules to stay in business. So this is me trying to be a good steward. I hate to admit it though, but I hate having rules and to worry about it. Though if I get this done, maybe I can find a way for us to enjoy ourselves more with less stress.

Now that is a good thing!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get paid monthly, but I find it easier to split my money into weekly amounts. That way, if I do run out, it's not very long until the next week.

Thankfully, it's worked fine so far. :)

Frodo

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You already are and irremovable part of my life Janus :)

Bella

1:11 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

We both get paid bi-weekly, though I have no idea if we have the same weeks or not. Plus any side projects that might be forth coming changes stuff. So I run mine off weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly....and sorry Frodo, I will not drown you in shop talk. :) Glad you could work it out, I will figure this one out, it just takes a bit of time, love, and tylenol.


Bella, ...oh yeah! lol. I knew that of course sweetie, and glad of it. I could of worded that differently I guess :)

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't stress so about money Janus. There's nothing to it really. I am not sure I agree with you about the money rules thing. Budgeting can be kind of cool. Kind of wean yourself off the world a bit. Good luck...

5:10 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Yep, and usually if you have guidelines and a little discipline in the long run it is better for you and allows you to enjoy yourself and feel less stress. It is there for your good and happiness, not to take it away.

Thanks for commenting Patrick and for giving me more to think of besides doom and gloom with budgets.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters