Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cold knees

I have been asked by a few of my friends if I am having cold feet at all yet. I tell them no and they usually say...oh I understand Bella is right behind you or something, I will ask you again later.
No guys seriously I don't have cold feet. Then I yell something like "My arm is on fire, call 9-1-1." This is to prove I really am not kidding or giving them my game face.
I don't have cold feet, I have cold knees. I am nervous about my wedding for different reasons.
I am not afraid of commitment as long as it's not to an asylum. She and I have the same faith and she knows all my friends and family, so I don't think we have any really shockers. I have been dating long enough that I am no longer worried about compatibility or losing my freedom to go out and buy myself lots of junk without running it by her first or having the freedom to go party whenever I want. (I am getting past that age anyway...check that..past it really.)

So what am I afraid of. Horrible lifelong scars here.
1. People not RSVPing and then showing up with 10 carnival workers apiece and demanding of more liquor and seconds.
2. Paying for Christmas gifts and making sure they make it to people... and all the odds and ends of the wedding that I still have left with 3 weekends to go.
3. Having to dance. Some people think that it is funny that I am afraid of doing a slow dance. Well I am people shy for one, and second I admit I can't dance. It is easy for some people, but not for me. I suppose helping Telly get in and out of his bathtub will give me some practical dancing skills. Still I would rather have a stunt double for that part.
4. The whole standing up and saying things in front of a crowd moments. I work with a computer for a reason, I am not Mr. Stage Presence. I am very glad we are not filming it. I hate hearing myself and seeing myself in recording, and I would hate to have to leave the room every time someone wants to watch the wedding video. (Which reminds me I still need to edit part of my vacation movie where I said something stupid...)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sympathize with your fears Janus.

I am a terrible dancer. I am founder \ chairperson of the We-Can't-Dance Club. Wanna join? Lol.

I am terrified of standing up and making a speech in front of people, and seeing myself on video is a nightmare.

Frodo :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Just learn the cabbage patch, drink lots of alcohol and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Peace,

- Neo

5:41 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo, I think I am on the board of directors already.

Neo, I'll check into that, the Alcohol at least I have down, but probably a bad idea for my own wedding, since I have to be functional :)

Lorinda, NO BEARDED LADY lol

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters