Monday, January 15, 2007

Janus Returns to Return of the Janus

I decided to write a title today that would make my old English teacher cringe.
Yep I got in safe and sound to Chicago Saturday night. Yesterday we took a breather, and spent time with the kids (That is the dog and cat if you were wondering if I was leaving out exciting details.) A week's worth of honeymoon laundry, some thank you cards, and putting away some of our wedding gifts.
Today is the first day back to work. Bella and I both didn't really want to go back of course, but that is normal. Just like when I was a kid and I would always hate Sunday evenings because it meant back to school the next day. It doesn't matter if you are gone for a day or gone for 15 years, you always feel a bit sad going back to work. This is from a guy that loves his job too.
Today I tried to get some work done at the bank, but I forgot today is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day. That's another thing about school, I remembered when holidays were. Tomorrow I will have to go back, or maybe Wednesday.
As for details about my wedding and my honeymoon, well that will have to wait. I have to go to work. I just wanted to let you know I am back safe and sound.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and what's he done to deserve a bank holiday? =S I know Martin Luther King (but on which day'd they put an official holiday for him? =S ), but his son... weeiird.

Anyways, I know that feeling 'bout having to go back to work. Had that each and every evening, and each and every morning at my old work (yeah, found a job, and yeah, quit it. Long story, but this's not the place). If you love your work, that feeling'll pass as soon as you arrive, though ;)

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Janus. Glad you made it back safe and sound. :)

Bet the 'kids' were excited to see you again!

I know the feeling of not looking forward to work, after having a break from it - hope you can settle back again quickly. It's really nice that you enjoy your work so much.

Can't wait to hear about your wedding and honeymoon. :)

And I don't care about your English teacher - I love the title Janus Returns to Return Of The Janus.

Take care.

Frodo

9:57 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hi Raf,

Wrong Mr. King, I worked with a man named Martin King too.

The Dr. King I mentioned is the civil rights activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner. His Bio is linked here.

http://www.thekingcenter.org/mlk/bio.html

I need to go on MSN or get you a yahoo account so I can hear the long story.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hi Frodo and thank you.

Yes the kids are happy I am back, they are acting all cute and stuff, but they are also being rotten.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janus--glad to have you back!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Patrick, it's good to be back!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters