Thursday, December 28, 2006

Coach Janus works on the roster.

(Bridezilla and Groomra Dance at the Reception)



10 days til the wedding, and now I am feeling the pressure of just getting it all in order.
Bella is still holding together other than eating the ends of her fingers off. So no Bridezilla...but I have become the creature known as Groom-Ra.
Today Manuel called me up to tell me he couldn't be in the wedding, and I realized how much I have changed. A year ago I might of yelled at him or considered having him beaten, after all that's Karl's job. (I think the best man is in charge of flogging groomsmen that cancel in less than two weeks.) Instead I took it all with very good measure, and told him it would be great if he could still attend.
Then I hung up and freaked out a little. Just a little though.
He's never been in a wedding before, and I think he honestly didn't want to call til after Christmas so he didn't ruin my holiday, but I need to change my starting lineup a bit. So I am in a bit of a panic as I try to promote Ushers or find another Groomsman.
One of my cousins might be promoted to Groomsman, or I might convince my brother Ed to be a Groomsman or Usher.
He normally doesn't even like going to weddings, and to have him come is more than I expected. So to ask my brother to be in the wedding might take a bit of divine intervention. We aren't the closest as brothers go, we don't dislike each other, but we are a few planets apart in differences.
Maybe this is a way to open a new relationship with my brother? That would be nice. I wasn't in my brothers wedding, I had to manage the family business while Mom and Dad went. I will give him first pick either as a Groomsman or an Usher if he will agree. If he doesn't, I can still see about my cousin. Either way it's going to take some prayer, some begging, and some tylenol to pull it off.

Frantically yours....Janus Torrell

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Janus - I think staying more calm comes with age. I was the same way with people when I was younger. If someone screwed me over, an ass beating was definitely a good possibility. LOL

It'll all work out, before you know it you'll both be wondering why you even sweat the details. :)

Peace,

- Neo

PS. I linked your blog

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope that your brother will be your Groomsman.

Try not to panic. Things will work out, and then you can relax and enjoy the rest of your lives together.

Frodo :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Neo, yeah I am getting old and mellow, which I think is wierd because I would think getting older and having less time would make me more crazy.

and thanks for linking to me, I will have to add you when I able to sit down and do it

10:33 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Frodo, still waiting and hopin for that.

(Breathes into bag) Trying to relax and enjoy the ride, thanks for coming by.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters