Friday, February 02, 2007

Janus the giant that lives forever

Well for those wondering what is going on since my last post, it is really a lot of the same for me.
I appreciate you coming by to check on me, this little blog can do wonders for helping me sort out my brain a little.
Talked with my friend Manuel while driving home from work tonight. He and I are both having our worlds a bit out of control lately. He is used to knowing me as the one to talk to when he is in trouble, and I used to be the one he could lean on when he was frightened. Now we lean on each other lately. At one time I felt I would be too proud to lean on him, but pride is useless anyway.
Earlier today I got to speak with a person that was removed from my situation but had knowledge in what I could do. I learned everything I needed to know in a short period of time, but I was blessed with a patient person that was able to work through every question I had to put me to ease and gave me the time to work through it.
Today I was called Anxious.
I never really thought of myself as that, but I guess when I look at myself truthfully (Gulp) it is true. No one has ever accused me of being Mr. Brightside when I am like that either. If I think a remote chance that I might get struck by a meteor is in the equation of my problem I am working on a way to plan for that contingency. Some would say I am anxious, I would say I am prudent...the truth is I need faith and to trust God and not lean on my own understanding.
My understanding can be pretty lousy usually, so I shouldn't be leaning on it anyway.
For the comments and emails and those that have talked to me in the last 96 hours, I thank you. Your prayers, comments, emails, wellwishes, meditations, and other forms of encouragement has done much for me being able to hold together. And of course my long suffering wife and family have been wonderful for me. God has been great to me, when I actually shut up and listen.
Almost everyone has told me the same thing that I would tell them if I was in their situation.
"Don't worry."
"It's all in his timing."
"Don't lean on own your understanding"
"Keep the faith."
Anyone that is looking for a role model of faith should not look for me for guidance. Jesus and the good book talks about "Worry does not add an inch to your height or a year to your life." Forgive the paraphrase. The more accurate passage can be read in Neo's comment on my last post. (Hi Neo, great passage and comment.)
I have been trying to add inches to my height and years to my life by worrying. It doesn't work though otherwise I would be in NBA right now and my retirement age would be expanded by a century or five.
So in this case I would ask a reader that seeks peace and doesn't worry to not follow my example, but to give it to the one that can handle it. He's a big God, and the NBA doesn't have a chance against him.
He is at work helping me even when I am not paying attention and has a way of making a point.
I am opening the paper to load into the copier machine and my mind is in turmoil. I have closed the door to the rest of the office and don't feel like I can face them. The copier machine makes a whirl.
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5.
I can't help but smile, that couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. The door opened and someone came in and picked up the paper that came through the printer.
"Sorry I meant to send that to the other printer."
All I could say was Thank you.
Which was answered by a puzzled look.

Keep praying folks and remember me if you would, it is helping me much.

Bye for now.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to stay positive Janus. This is gonna work out for you.

Lean on everyone that you can. We are all here for you. I am glad this person you spoke to was able to answer your questions.

All we need is just a little patience.

Take care. I am still thinking about you.

Frodo
:)

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful word from God that made its way through your printer. It is surprising at times, but never unexepected when God sends a message of encouragement.

Do not for a moment think that scripture printed out on the wrong printer, it went exactly where God intended it to go.

Blessings, Janus

4:38 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - You do know they have surgery to increase height right? LOL

Hang in there the answers will fall into place

Peace,

- Neo

1:42 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

All I can do is trust and pray, and stop worrying.

Thanks all, I will try to catch up on blogs soon.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters