Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Something completely different-aka Why I hate parking on the street.

A German woman became so furious after a telephone quarrel with her husband that she stormed out of the house armed with a hammer and smashed up his car-before realizing that the car didn't belong to her husband. The 43- year old from Essen told police that she shattered the windshield, broke the headlights, and wrenched off the wing mirrors, causing more than $1200 dollars in damage. After going back indoors she realized she had attacked her neighbors blue Opel Corsa and not the blue Ford Fiesta that belongs to her husband.


A few things came to mind while I read that this morning.
1. My car looks an awful lot like my neighbors that I park next to in the right light. I hope she never gets a fight with her roommate. I am also glad the German lady isn't my neighbor.
2. It must of been a pretty bad telephone quarrel, I have seen people occasionally break a dish. To do 1200 dollars in damage to a car in a blind rage with a hammer. means I have to find a hammer and probably ask Bella where one is, walk downstairs and the dog probably wants to go out to-so put Sammy on a leash, grab my keys, find the first blue car that is available that looks like my wife's since if she called me she wouldn't be home so I would have to walk around a bit, and then still be angry enough to smash a car with the hammer. Yeah...I might just have to settle for pouting, that's too much work.
3. I am really glad that I am married to Bella even more so after reading that, and not to the 43 year old German lady with a hammer. I wonder if the husband has since been killed since the article printed.

Now with that in mind I think my day is already brighter, and I just woke up.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That takes road-rage to a whole new level.

It made me laugh, but I'm glad I'm not her neighbour.

Frodo :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I wonder how that conversation went with the neighbor the next day.

Glad I am not a neighbor too

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that would be VERY interesting. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one lol

Frodo

1:08 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Yet one more reason to hide the tools away from the wife. You just never know.... *grin*

Peace,

- Neo

7:49 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

PS - They are pretty weird like that in Germany. There was this couple there that divorced so the husband went to the wood house cabin and sawed it in half and took his half of the house. How's that for 50-50?

LOL

7:50 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo, well they are mostly her tools. :P

Cut a house in half? I imagine Ace Hardware has a lot of helpful questions...will this hammer total my husbands car...what size blade do you use for cabins.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters