Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sometimes lunch is just a lunch

My Inbox is overflowing into Inbox II and Inbox III lately.
Sorry to not give a big update or be reading a heck of a lot the last few days. Trying to balance work, service, and social things on the outside. Trying to keep up with inner turmoil on the inside.
Yesterday I got to have lunch with someone from the church, and that was rather pleasant. I occasionally like to just get together and meet people for a friendly chat and some food once in a while.
Back in the day I used to do plenty of working lunch meetings. Usually if I had someone meeting with me or I was meeting with someone it had some sort of business arrangement or goal. Heaven forbid I would even eat with someone outside my inner inner circle, without making the most of the time.
Well sometimes getting to know people is the best use of time you can have. Life is short, get to know people. That in the long run is more important than wheeling and dealing. It also is much more pleasant.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's nice just to take some time out to relax. Just to spend some time with friends, and forget about the rest of the world.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch yesterday.

Take care.

Frodo :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I did, thanks Frodo.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Hmmmm... It's too early for lunch although the thought of it being 4 hours later in the day sounds pleasant so I'd be that much closer to coming home and cleaning up this mess in my spot from my jam session yesterday. Ugh....

Have a great weekend.

Peace,

- Neo

7:52 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

You too Neo

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters