Sunday, May 13, 2007

To My Mom

I was going to write a big complicated piece for Mom today, but I decided that I would rather see my mother today rather than spend the day writing about her. So I just got the bullet point Mothers day post today.

1. For giving me life 30 years ago, despite me being a pain 9 months even before it happened.
2. For making sure that I had good food to eat, and not just Payday bars and Coke.
3. For keeping me safe from snakes and wild dogs, and not being afraid to use a bat to do so.
4. For teaching me to spell Encyclopedia and Dictionary...and other big words, sometimes until 9:00 at night.
5. For encouraging me to read a lot, and also to write. You were always a big fan.
6. For volunteering at my school, Boy scouts, and 4-H club, to be close to me and to learn things yourself.
7. For taking in all my friends that didn't have good moms.
8. For the annoying spit wipes, hand on forehead thermometers, and hydrogen Peroxide on my cuts and scrapes.
9. For knowing when I am the author of something no matter what it is and where you found it, because I can't fool you with an assumed name no matter what. You know me that well.
10. For all the things that I could mention that I don't have time for here and would make this post really just too long.

Thanks Mom, happy Mother's Day.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Cheers to your mom, but I don't know about the coke part. Isn't that illegal? J/K ;)

Peace,

- Neo

6:37 PM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

Let's hear it for Mums.
(wild applause)

afc

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mums!!! :)

Frodo

7:33 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo, it just might be. I think Diet is for certain.

Cat and Frodo. Go Mums

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters