Saturday, July 07, 2007

The only thing worse than saying goodbye is saying it twice

This day has been coming for almost a year now, but I still don't think I could ever be ready for it. Today we say goodbye to Bella's mother again in a memorial in Wisconsin. We are going to disperse her ashes after a year of waiting and hopefully give some sort of closure to the family.
Last year we wanted to do it a few weeks after the services, but not everyone was ready for it. Today is the day and I am a little of a wreck. I thought I was pretty good about this until about Wednesday, than I started feeling a bit sad and under the weather. It might be a stomach bug, but this morning I am sure it is sadness and nerves.
I normally love going up to the lake but today I am dreading it. I hate to say it but I almost wish I could stay home, I wouldn't miss this of course unless I was in a coma, but I wish I could go back to sleep and wake up and have it be a new day with this behind me. I feel like a coward today. I'm embarrassed to be myself today also.
So I am going to do what I can to comfort my wife, sister (sisters in law technically), and my father in law. I don't know how I am going to hold myself together yet though, plus my head and stomach are killing me today. So just pray I get to Sunday.
Sunday will be better.
Hurry up Sunday.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you Janus. And to Bella and her family.

I am thinking about you today, and hoping it goes as well as it can.

I am sending lots of good thoughts to you, and hope you can get some closure.

Take care of yourself.

Frodo

5:57 PM  
Blogger glenniah said...

Today is Sunday, hoping yesterday was a day when you had comfort from God, friends and family. Never be embarrassed by being you, we are all human and allowed to have these feelings.
Emma

5:26 AM  
Blogger glenniah said...

Hi Janus,
Emma has started another blog. I'm over at http://glenniah.blogspot.com. Please come and visit sometime and bring your friends. We will party
Emma

5:27 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks Frodo, it went better than expected.

Glenn will do, I will link ya as well.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters