Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday thing events, Ice Cream from Dave, and the dreaded P word.

Well I am delaying putting up my homework again, just because I really think I could of done that last one a lot better. I think I got an A on it, but not so sure with that one. Action stories are hard in 7 pages. So let me sleep on it before deciding to put it up eh. Enough about that though.
My Thursday thing is getting more interesting, I now am doing things with the database instead of just mail room stuff. This may not be interesting to you, but it sure is for me. I am one of those weird people that likes doing office work. I love seeing things accomplished that are important to people. Besides I work along side wonderful people and feel like a part of something amazing.
Today Dave was handing out some ice cream which I am not used to in a work place. I am not much of an ice cream fan really, but Cookies and Cream with Oreos is good enough for me. I just thought it was nice that he was divvying out sweets, even if it forced me to take a break. Can't type or handle documents with ice cream, its just a mess.
Had a good night at work and taught Telly about the sleep feature on his remote. He can watch more TV and I can leave earlier now without him getting anxious. For having 3 hours sleep I am doing pretty dandy.
Now I am thinking about my next assignment, and I am truthfully concerned. We have been reading poetry this week in class, so I am being encouraged to try poetry. So I am picturing opening the cover off the Well of Souls in Raiders of the Lost Ark and looking down into a room and it is slithering with poetry.
"Poetry, why did it have to be poetry?"
Jose looks down too and says "Haiku's...very dangerous...you go first."
So do I write prose or dare poetry. I have to think on that one.
I am in a very good mood today, which scares me because that means that something bad will happen. Pessimism is my thing, sorry.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't deprive us of the Janus Action Story - that's just cruel! I'm sure it's as good as your other stuff, and an A would be brilliant. :)

Glad you are enjoying your Thursday Thing more, and having fun with the database.

What flavour of ice cream was Dave handing out? Can I have some pllleeeeeaaaaassseeee? lol. *bribes with Oreos*

I bet you do great with your next assignment.
Hey, relax. Don't worry man.
You can do it, I know you can!

Hope your good mood lasts.

Take care of yourself.

Frodo :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

If your first instinct is not to put it on the blog, you are probably right, especially if you might possibly publish it in the future.

Everyone needs a little break every once and a while, Ice Cream is perfect!

Reminds me of a sermon I heard at church recently...

12:25 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Hey they bought us pizza at the job today. Free lunch for me! Woohoo!

Ewww the evil P word. LOL

Look at it this way, it will help stretch your legs with writing from a different perspective. Just keep away from the Shakesspear. *smirk*

Good luck with the paper.

Peace,

- Neo

5:43 PM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

Cool cream in bowl.
Spoon beside the empty vessel.
Replete with success the thoughts expand.

afc

7:15 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Frodo- I wouldn't call it cruel, you have to read it to know what I mean. Hopefully I get an A for doing the requirements though.

Thursday is pretty exciting too.

Well the ice cream was actually cookies and cream made from Oreos. So needless to say it went well with me.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

X-ray, might of heard the same sermon....never know. True I might have some publishing use for it...well someday maybe..if it doesn't stink too much.


Neo- Pizza? I am jealous. Sometimes I get a coke and a rice krispie treat but I could use balanced meals I tell ya.

thanks for good lucking.

Fractal, impressive. It is a good poem, even if it does make me green with envy.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

*Shakes a spear at poetry*

2:41 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I spit on poetry, pootey. I fart in it's general direction, It's father is a hamster and it's mother smells like Elder berries (Or is that the other way around...well you get the idea.)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters