Thursday, June 28, 2007

Insomimisanty

I used to be a machine less than 10 years ago. With a case of Coca Cola and a box of Mr. Goodbars I could stay awake for three days straight and write 120 pages of ghost riding. The last 10 years have not been kind though, I am beginning to feel myself growing slower.
The last few days I could not wake up without fighting an uphill battle with the desire to sleep for just a few more minutes. You know how those few minutes become a few more minutes and all of the sudden it's September.
I would be up until 3 in the morning since as long as I remember but I had a great alarm clock back when I was in school, it was called Dad. If you asked for a few more minutes, it was the snooze alarm and it worked twice a morning, the third time you asked for a few minutes he would come in and scream at you until you wake up. I can't believe that I wish he would still do that once in a while.
So tonight I am trying a sleeping pill, which is a bit scary because I am worried that I won't wake up. I might find that I enjoy sleeping and decide to stay that way. I gave in after trying to make it on half nights for a few weeks.
I can't write as much, I feel lazy, and in general am not as functional as a sleep walker. When I am tired I am quiet and less annoying though, but I need my brain back.
Wish me luck.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Good luck! I'm the reverse, I find writing very addictive these days. It's a race to the next piece, and the journey is something that can't be placed in words. I like writing late at night, hello it's 4:30am, hey wanna pass one of those pills over here? *grin*

Peace,

- Neo

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Janus.

I hope you get a good nights sleep, and feel better in the morning.

Take care.

Frodo :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Janus,
I will keep praying for you to be able to fall asleep on time and wake up on time.
You want to avoid hitting snooze, remember?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo it is a beautiful cycle, don't worry soon things will swing back around it is called Writer's insanity and it is cured by Writer's block.
I have to be protective of my little pills until I get to the doctor again but I suggest talking to a doctor most of them don't really concern about giving writs for sleeping pills.

I am not sure if that is a good thing.

Thanks Frodo and X-ray. I try to avoid hitting the snooze button but I can't control what I do when I am groggy so much.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Nah, I lost my sanity quite awhile ago. I wonder if it misses me. *shrug*

Peace,

- Neo

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters