Saturday, July 21, 2007

Gone for the day and the number 13

Today my sister in law Lynn comes out and we are going to a concert. I forget who is actually playing but I am going along. I enjoyed my last concert so I am not too worried, I like to be pleasantly surprised. My cat will still be around though if you need to drop off a package.
I read in yahoo about people having a fear for the number 13 (Triskaidekapobia) as one of the feature articles today. It is a slow day for news when the highlight is that the president is recovering from a procedure involving a scope. (Ow)
With Triskaidekapobia I often wonder, who sits around and names the new phobias when they come up. This is an old phobia but they name every phobia when it happens. For example, if I fear Sea Monkeys I would have Artemiaphobia (The fear of brine shrimp.) Hopefully that is rare.
The fear of 13 doesn't make sense of me unless I live near Camp Crystal Lake during the summer. So I wonder how many people still fear the number? a lot of buildings don't even have a 13th floor. Well they do but they call it the 14th floor. So whatever evil power that will harm me on the 13th floor won't happen because I renamed the floor to another number? That sounds like hiding under the blankets from monsters because werewolves can't get me through Snoopy sheets or something.
They don't really know where this fear is from anyway. Some say the number of disciples at the last supper (Judas was 13) some thing has something to do with the execution of the Knights Templar. I have no idea, so it seems silly to me to be afraid of something that I don't know why I should be.
Now snakes, I can understand the fear of that. They are just plain creepy.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about 13 snakes? lol

Frodo

:)

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the concert Janus.

Frodo :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

1 is bad enough Frodo, and I loved the concert though my legs didn't.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters