Monday, July 09, 2007

What is better than having a McMahon on my blog? How about two of em.

A little update before I go to work today, I am adding another blog to my links roster. Today I bring you Troy McMahon.
Troy was one of the first people I met when I joined my church (CCC) a bit over a year and a half ago. Besides my wife Bella dragging me in kicking and screaming to church, Troy was one of the main reasons why I stopped fighting and started loving going to church.
At a class for new folks that wanted to learn about the church I met Troy. He not only was a pleasant person to talk to but he showed me that you can be crazy about God without being a nutcase. His sincerity and glowing heart showed me that I was in good company. After that I stopped making excuses to avoid going to church.
He was there for when I was grieving for a friend and talked to me and even tolerated my insane rambling. He was the man in charge of leading me to my Thursday thing, which I love so much and can't imagine leaving it now. He is also the man that honored me by officially uniting me and my wife Bella in marriage this last January.
Sadly (well for us in Naperville), Troy and his family are going to Kansas City to launch and plant churches there. They will be terribly missed here, but Kansas City needs some McMahons, we will have to learn to adjust.
I can count myself as one of the many people that the McMahon's have blessed with their friendship and warmth. Troy and Janet are proof that just a few people can change worlds. So I hope you visit their blogs and get to know them as well.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Not so sad, sometimes God sends people to places to make a difference, and for that you should smile for your friends. :)

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a second, I thought you were talking about Big Macs, I must be hungry.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo- I be smiling :)

Thats ok Anony, most people thought I won the Publishers clearing house. So I have had lots of weird emails about that.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters