Monday, July 16, 2007

Janus slacking off again as usual.

Yes I am am aware it has been a whole week.
I tend to wander.
This is great for getting ideas for writing at times, but makes me a really lousy babysitter.
So you don't think I am totally useless I will just fill you in a little bit with what I have going on at the moment in Janusland.

Last week I was social!? It's true, I met with several folks for dinner or caffeine consumption sessions. I was determined to get out of my house and break my pattern of sitting on my chair all day and staring at this screen. Besides I love hanging out with these guys and hearing about whats going on with them, truthfully I have to make myself go out also. I am a net junkie at heart. That's why I prefer coffee and Applebees and not just sending long winded emails. Getting to know people better is good right? right.
I was volunteering. I enjoy contributing on other things, it gives me a happy warm feeling. Remind me of that when I have to get up at 6 in the morning to do it. Mcdonalds has some great cold coffee though. Mmm ...Hazelnutty caffieny goodness.
I am finishing up school. Last day of class this Wednesday, and I am doing 2-3 assignments per week. Creative writing isn't too much pressure, but since I am trying to get an "A" I am taking it a little serious probably. This week I have 2 assignments left. I hope I get ideas soon. They normally happen about Monday night though, giving me time to belt things out.
I am sleeping. Yes, I finally got sleeping pills after 30 years of putting it off. They really work too if I close my eyes and turn off the lights I am off. I feel refreshed much more and less foggy. The only side effect is I have more energy so I am more hyper at times. Sorry to everyone else around me.
Other jobs need my attention. Game reviews, getting others in for meetings, writers conference in November to plan, Reading 120 pages of design notes in a sitting from Manny, and tracking Jose across the United States to ask him to clarification on something he sent me a week ago.
I got a day planner and an inbox now, I am really on the fast track! Just don't ask me how full the inbox is.
I am avoiding thinking about stressful stuff. I wish it worked.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Ned said...

It's good that you've been out and about. It's also good that you visit the net people now and again as well.

If you go surfin' and want to catch a few new waves, try these:

Global Warming Trends

Minding Your Money


And check out Rollo's new look if you get a chance.

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Since it is you my friend, no apology is needed. I will add em to my google reader. Thanks for visiting Rollo.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Net people are a myth!
No one really exists on the internet!
It is all robots!
Except you Janus!
I will try to avoid adding to your inbox until school is out.
xoxox- Bella

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were sociable? As in, you went out and spent time with real people? Lol
No, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but don't forget about your loyal blog-readers. :)

Let us know how you get on with Creative Writing class. I got my fingers crossed that you get an 'A'.

I'm really glad you are sleeping better. Long may it last. *prepares for Janus' wrath for mentioning the 'S' word. lol*

Take care

Frodo :)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks dear, you can take it easy on my inbox after school too. I still want to be lazy sorry :)

Frodo I got the "A" thank you, and I don't mind people talking about sleep. It is just rough with insomnia when people tell you to sleep...its like telling a large man to not be fat.

Good to hear from all of ya

3:38 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Janus - Sleep, hmmmm hand over some of those nice little pills. ;) *grin*

9:37 PM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Neo, don't tell anyone I gave ya some.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janus please check your inbox.
xxoo-lol-Bella

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters